Email I sent to mom after huge fight today

by meangirl 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• sacolton
    sacolton

You'll get a second chance to get some of your childhood back with sharing the fun of celebrating holidays and birthdays with your child.

Let the healing begin!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

so Debator/Ren, your responsibility as a parent is forcing young kids out on F/S in the freezing cold ? forcing 8 year old kids to get up on a platform to be petrified in giving a stupid Bible reading? forcefully being told to yell "Jerkoobah" down a microphone of face the prospect of a severe spanking in the 2nd school? being dragged along unwillingly to a constant grind of 3 stupid pointless meetings as week? having to go to a congregation where secretly filthy child abusing paedophiles reside? and the prospect of having life saving medical aid being withdrawn from them?? All sound like abuse to me and these were the conditions in which I had to put up with in my JW upbringing, if you have kids Debator then you dont fucking deserve that gift you selfish inconsiderate piece of shit.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV
    children are bought up under their parents decisions. That is simply a fact of life

that doesn't make it right. When a parent brings up their child to smoke that doesn't make it right. When a parent brings up their child to take drugs that doesn't make it right. When a parent brings up their child so they can be no part of normal school activities like birthdays or xmas or being friends with other kids that doesn't make it right.

Tell us again which congregation you went to that was so good as a child. Would you care to counteract what Meangirl has gone through - perhaps share your experience of childhood in this amazing congregation? And if this congregation was so good - why aren't you there now - encouraging your brothers and sisters instead of mixing with us?

You cannot abdicate your responsibility as a parent

Do you teach your children to come onto JWN after the family study or before?

mmxiv

• debator
    debator

Do children have a choice as to whether to celebrate Christmas or Birthdays? It is a sugar coated pill they are unlikely to reject but they still don't have a choice. they are forced on them before they can even reason.

So parents should be forced to celebrate birthdays and christmas by the governments?

Parents make choices for themselves and for their family, that is a human right. Obviously they have to stay within the law of the land as parents.

You cannot equate religious belief with drugs and smoking that is just a fallacy MMXIV ( and extremely manipulative debate tactic)

Religious belief is a profound human right for people not just for themselves but to bring up their children in that belief too.

You might not like witnesses and your words of extreme hate induced intolerance (jookbeard) are still only words according to your opinion and You have the right not to bring up your kids as witnesses. But what if one of them chose to be a Witness and bring up your grandkids as witnesses?

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

You cannot equate religious belief with drugs and smoking that is just a fallacy MMXIV

denying children life saving blood transfusions because of religious beliefs is not just up there with smoking or drugs - it's way beyond. That's the kind of parent you are.

referring to people usings words such as

extremely manipulative
    and
    extreme hate induced intolerance

in defending the WTS? You really want to go there?

Religious belief is a profound human right for people not just for themselves but to bring up their children in that belief too.

Well unless it damages them right? You wouldn't think it right if it damaged them right? You'd want to protect children from being damaged by those religious beliefs wouldn't you? Nah didn't think so...as you clearly state it's a profound human right to do anything you like if it's religious - no matter what. That's where we'll agree to differ then - I won't teach another generation to hate other religions (even JW's) or teach them it's ok to shun people.

I hope my blood transfusions save your childs life one day or yours too - shame you won't do the same for mine. I hope you pray to God and ask his forgiveness for your religious teaching on that.

mmxiv

• meangirl
    meangirl

Debator it would be great if all witness parents were sure to have parties for the kids and give gifts, however, sadly alot don't. I think I did because I grew up going to a birthday party almost every weekend and of course getting gifts on my birthday and Christmas. When I had my daughter (who was not planned because me and hubby were the perfect little witness couple who pioneered together for the first 2 years of our marriage and were putting off children until the "new system") I made sure to make her life as "normal" as possible. She had a party every year and she received wrapped presents on our anniversary. We just basically made our anniversary like Christmas for our family. However, while throwing my "themed" kid parties the society did come out with an article warning against theme parties and my witness pioneer mother-in-law did mention that to me and the need to be "careful" as she had been in my hall previously and knew how they were. I was always waiting to get counseled for throwing my little parties but I think the only thing that saved me was that at that same time an elder and his annoited wife had family move in and they were helping to raise their nephews and neices who were around my daughter's age. So because their nephews and neices were benefiting from my "themed" parties (gasp) I never got in trouble.....I know that is the only thing that saved me from getting in trouble.

Debator I have a very good friend who is my age and she came to help out during one of my parties and she said how great it was that I was throwing the kid parties. She confided in me while raised as a witness she never went to a kid party and never dressed up in a costume. I thought that was so sad. I can see where many witness children grow up gong to "get togethers" at a park where everybody brings a covered dish, etc but that is not the same as a kid party with balloons, goody bags, a cake and kid games. A party where everything is geared towards the kids. My husband only had one kid party in his whole life growing up as a witness.

Also Debator there are things in my life I will probably never do that the bible clearly shows are wrong. I will not argue with the Bible but I will take issue with 12 men in Brooklyn who claim to be God's only channel on earth today who are making decisions about my life. If I choose to celebrate my daughter's birthday then that is MY decision and I should not be punished for it. If I choose to celebrate mother's day and father's day then again that is MY decision. I saw what happened with my mom when she allowed other people to think for her and the negative impact it had on me. I will not continue that way. My daughter's has attended a birthday party this year. My daughter is going to school dances. She made me a mother's day present in class and all those things have felt great. With that being the case we are not disfellowshipped but inactive. So you tell me Debator if we choose to go to a Sunday meeting next week how will be treated? Will will be pulled into the backroom? All these man made rules are ridiculous and there is no freedom to make one own's decision with our own conscious. Sounds like a cult to me.....

The trauma that was done to me when my mother became a witness is something I have to live with everyday. The trauma of being out in service and hearing my friend whose dad was an elder pick out houses they were going to live in after Armageddon when the inhabits were dead. I remember clearly being very new and being out in service and everybody in the car was picking out the biggest and nicest houses in a neighborhood we were working in and saying that was the house they were going to get after Armageddon......That is disgusting and so unchristian. I could write a book about my experience and I know what I went through is true. Debator deep down you know what I am saying is true......I understand your defensiveness, we've all been there. Just remeber you are claiming to be a witness for Jehovah and you need to remember to show compassion in your posts. Just because you didn't experience something does not mean it didn't happen......

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Gosh, Meangirl you have summed everything up so well.

I cannot believe that anyone Christian would even dream of taking someone else's house, it came as a great shock to me when I heard that sort of thing. It made me see what nasty people they really were, would rather take something that someone else had worked hard for rather than work themselves.

Something else I heard that also shocked me deeply was how in the run up to 1975 some took out larger mortgages on their homes believing that they would never have to repay them. Again, I cannot believe any Christian would dream of doing such a thing. Most people I know who have never been a JW would never stoop as low as to behave like that. How can someone sign a form to say they are going to repay a debt when all along the believed they wouldn't? If I owed anyone money it would bother me until I paid it back, what sort of consciences do they have?

Another JW I know decided after having left school and started work was to give up work and go to university. In the UK at the time the system was that you could get a student loan which she took out. However, when she got her degree and decided to work she never made any attempt to pay the loan back. I know this for a fact as I was doing her wages at the time and I kept asking her about the repayments. She was certainly earning over the amount required to begin the repayments.

To this day she hasn't paid a penny back

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

That is very well written. I had a similar conversation with my mother last year. Told her

that although she THOUGHT she was doing the right thing by me in raising me in the org,

in fact, it wasn't in reality. It's a hard pill to swallow. But it will most likely fall on deaf ears. She'll just deem

you even more in need of intervention and prayer. It's sad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit