Email I sent to mom after huge fight today

by meangirl 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• meangirl
    meangirl

Well my mom and I got into a pretty bad argument today over the phone. It basically came down to the fact that she couldn't handle what I was saying about the organization, etc and all she could come back to me was that I "hated her?" I guess I just wanted to share and vent a little too....Thanks for letting me do so.

Hey mom,

I do not hate you. I am sorry you think that. What I am having an issue with is the fact that a religion was presented as "truth" to me so much to the extent I was guilted and forced into being part of that religion. To the extent that everything I knew and loved about my life at the time was just yanked away. My life completely was turned upside down because of something you felt the need to do. Well as an adult with a child of my own I have to come to my own decisions about God and religion, etc. Just as you dreamed of a family I had dreams too but I was not allowed to pursue my dreams because the things I wanted to do were viewed as "bad" and "worldly" when in reality there was nothing at all wrong with them. (Insert hubby's name here) and I couldn't even dream of a family of our own because like many young witness couples we know that the society really didn't promote having a family but rather put kingdom interests first. Thank goodness (insert child's name here) was not planned and came into our lives or else we would've never had children. People our age were told when we were teenagers by the organization that college is bad and so we sacrificed that and now are paying the price for that. I was forced to give up good friends and activities that meant so much to me just because 12 men in Brooklyn deemed those things were bad when in reality the bible does not even speak of the things I wanted to do. I can't get my youth back. I can't go back and get back teenage years. They are gone. The only thing I can do is to make sure my child has what I did not and does not go through what I was forced to endure. You don't know how I feel because even though you love me you just can't put yourself in my shoes. How do you think it felt to be a "normal" person in school one year and have friends and be involved and then the next year not being allowed to do anything....do you really think that was healthy for me? At the same time I am being forced to make all these changes and even go out in the ministry for goodness sake in my own neighborhood (insert brother's name here) is not forced to even go to meetings.........You shoved a RELIGION down my throat and its unscriptural rules down my throat. It would have been different if I could have been shown God's love and mercy and able to make a well informed decision on my own but I was not granted that right. When something is presented as the "truth" so much that it causes suffering and sacrifice and you are brainwashed to believe that is how it is supposed to be only to find out it is NOT truth.....yeah I am a little angry and rightly so. If you can't see how I would be angry then you are not an empathetic person at all. I have said my peace and am done. Since we have insurance now I plan on going to get counseling to deal with the anger I have for all of the injustices that were done to me. I have a long list and one of those on my list is being forced to be part of a crazy fanatic religious cult that puts rules and regulations over imitating Christ and being a good kind person. The witness religion has ruined many peoples' lives especially those that really didn't have a say and were forced or guilted into that lifestyle. At the age of 36 I have to once again start my life again and start from scratch. I refuse to be part of any organization that feels like it is okay to let your child die from withholding a blood transfusion. I refuse to be part of an organization that believes Jesus is the mediator for only 144,000 people and not for everybody even though that is a clear contradiction of the scriptures. I refuse to be part of an organization that is sitting on millions and millions of dollars and still the humble little sheep have to pay for the CO's expenses, the building of kingdom halls, to rent assembly halls for conventions, etc. What does the society's money go to? Certainly not community programs that is for sure.......Bethelites take a vow of poverty so they are not paid.......Business is business. Corporations are corporations. The Watchtower is just that, a greedy corporation keeping its members in fear so that they will be good little humble sheep and do what they are told whether it makes sense or not or even whether it is in the bible or not. If a religion is going to claim to be God's only organization on earth they best make sure they can live up to as that is one mighty claim and in my opinion the society has failed greatly.

• lil.lady.03
    lil.lady.03

sounds good to me! I'm cheering as I'm reading. really all those operating expenses and such. No one ever voted against those letters of opertions did they? every one was willing because it was a donation.

now that i think about it. hmmm...assemblies and circuit assemblies just seem like a big cover up to get donations. the circuit always has a letter asking for money.

at the coventions there are donation boxes everywhere. I sat at one this past convention on a sunday afternoon. No one was evening coming by my box. But as soon as the assembly was over. TONS UPON TONS on money went in through that slit on the box.

i remember hearing a brother standing nearby with his little children waiting, "wow this is some big business going on." we made eye contact and giggled because so many people where dropping in money. They even had an credit card booth set up if you didn't bring cash. so sad and so blinded to it all.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

BRAVO Meangirl!!!!

I just loved the way you worded that email. As I was reading, I too was getting angry and feeling your anger.

I too lost years off my life (30 years wasted) in this stupid cult!!!

I know I would of been a happy more balanced person if I never was dragged into this shitty religion, brainwashed to believe that God appointed a bunch of a$$holes in NY as his mouth piece on earth! Get stuffed to the lot of them, I don't believe in hell but I really wish there is one so those so called 'anointed' wankers can burn there for ever!!!! ... sorry getting all angry again, must calm down . . . . .

3Mozzies

• yknot
    yknot

...wow that hits really close to home for me....

• Chalam
    Chalam

Nice.

Throw in a few scriptures to back your claims up too :)

I refuse to be part of an organization that believes Jesus is the mediator for only 144,000 people and not for everybody even though that is a clear contradiction of the scriptures.

1 Timothy 2:5 (New International Version)

5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 10:7-9 (New International Version)

7 Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.

John 6:53-54 (New International Version)

53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

It is fine to be angry, Jesus was angry at injustice and falsehood, just look what he did in the temple and with the Pharisees John 2:15, Matthew 23

However, in your anger do not sin Psalm 4:4

I suggest you tell your mum you love her whatever happens, love wins the day 1 Corinthians 13

Blessings,

Stephen

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge
    I plan on going to get counseling to deal with the anger I have for all of the injustices that were done to me.

meangirl - I think you are very wise in going to get help. Anger robs you of living a normal life, don't let them take another day from you.

Try not to lose your mom, you never know you may get her out aswell. Here's to that day

((((hugs))))

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Meangirl,

This is going round and round in my head. I don't know what you were trying to achieve, but someone has to spell it out to parents that they did so much wrong by bringing kids up in a cult and they should be sincerely apologising for it instead of still laying on the guilt and fear.

Hope you feel better for it - sometimes honesty is the best policy.

MMXIV

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Good on you girl.

Parents need to know that they can't blame us for their bad behaviour. I have had similar conversations with my Dubs. It shuts them up for a while, but they have short memories for anything they do wrong, so they need reminding now and again.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Can someone break that looooooooooooooooooooooong paragraph into smaller paragraphs? Thank you!

• undercover
    undercover
    Can someone break that looooooooooooooooooooooong paragraph into smaller paragraphs?

I'm not a big fan of run on paragraphs with no breaks myself, but if intriqued enough, I'll put aside my persnicketyness and read the post, especially when it's something poured from the heart.

In other words, buck up little camper and read the post...or don't read the post...just quit yer bitchin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit