Has This Site Ever Hurt You In Your Journey Out Of The JW Religion?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• gone for good
    gone for good

I came here about 2 years ago. I walked away from JWs cold turkey 20 years ago, and all went well till a couple years ago. found this site while looking for information.

I had no idea the magnitude of the harms the org. has caused to so many many good people and that our completely f'dup family is just a single whisp of smoke in the holocaust of hate and abuse that swirls around fundamentalism.

This site was the first time I was exposed to rational, intelligent people with the freedom to express opinions and foment discussion of religion, free from censure . Many were, and are, and are going to continue coming here angry.. and with good reason considering what religion has taken from them and the abuse it inflicts upon them.

Also appreciated by many here are the compassionate and kind words of people who actually do care about those skinned and fleeced by Watchtower. Their unique understanding and encouragement really do heal and give cause to face the next day feeling supported and worthy by other sentient mortal creatures.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    What gone for good said!!!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Personally, I have a thick skin. It does seem that many were hurt because of something that happened here. Not me.
  • TTATT_Paladin
    TTATT_Paladin

TTATT > Opinions about the Truth (OATT)

• violias
    violias

In the early years the debate and arguments were stimulating to read. I can have a thin skin so got hurt many times by what people would say. Still, at least on the board we had the freedom to argue and yell and even curse. I remember most of the board fallouts since 02 and some were hard to deal with. I visited other sites for about a year, but never posted much anywhere else. Even if I was not posting much here I was still reading. This board has always had the best information regarding what is happening in the JW world and I know if there is breaking news I'll find it here first.

A lot of people have passed through here (and sadly are no longer with us as they have passed on ) and I wish we had a Remembrance wall type forum for them.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Ok, searching a bit for this guy named Trevor and 'trevorgate' and what happened...doesn't make that much sense tho. Will one of you long timers sum it up for me??
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ive been on here 5 years now. got into a few cyber-punch ups in the beginning--no harm done--to me anyway.

now when i post i get the impression nobody takes the slightest notice--its as if i'm the only one who can see what ive written.

also--since the recent re-birth of the site--seems a lot of regulars are missing.

• Magnum
    Magnum

stan livedeath: when i post i get the impression nobody takes the slightest notice

I think more people notice than you realize. I definitely am aware of your posts and recognize your username.

------------------------

FayeDunaway, I was wondering about "Trevorgate", too.

------------------------

This place has helped me immensely and never hurt me. I do think, though, that at times some of us could be a little less dogmatic and maybe a little more open-minded.

• cofty
    cofty
    now when i post i get the impression nobody takes the slightest notice-

I do mate.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Has This Site Ever Hurt You In Your Journey Out Of The JW Religion?

The only thing that "WILL HURT YOU" on your Exit out of the WBT$ JW Cult is..

.................Image result for watchtower logo

............Image result for watchtower logoImage result for off with their headsImage result for watchtower logo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit