Has This Site Ever Hurt You In Your Journey Out Of The JW Religion?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum
    vinman, I just PMed you and then I came back to this thread and saw what Village Idiot and bsmart posted. I second what they said.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I love this site!

The only thing is has done to "hurt" me is provide me with so much information and the assurance that I am not the only one seeing the issues with the org!

It has also fuelled my hatred for the org so much that I find it hard to not blurt out everything I have learned to every witness!

Yes I have to keep restrained and be patiently calm while sharing information learned....

• Fernando
    Fernando

The majority on JWC I believe are just great, helpful, kind and sharing - especially the lurkers who would rather not risk being speaking up.

It seems to help if one can accept that the minority do not represent the majority.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I found this site to be very intimidating at times, especially in the beginning.

I have become acclimatized -gradually.

It has helped me to toughen up I suppose, but I do try to avoid the contentious tit for tat arguements that can go on and on.... and on. I'm not a masochist and would prefer to laugh then argue.

Thanks for asking.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think this Site has mellowed considerably from when I first discovered it in the Fall of 2007, if memory serves.

I think we now have an ethos of respect for Newbies, and the empathy and compassion to ease them in to our little world.

When I joined you really had to have a really thick skin, and quickly shed any tendency to fall for the "Bitter Apostates" propaganda the WT had pre-fed us.

A number on here at that time were quite angry, and did not mince their words, not that I blame them at all.

What kept me reading on here was the tremendous humour, so many Posters were just so damn funny ! I have always had a naughty sense of humour, so I fitted in straight away.

After that I found wonderful support and guidance, without which I doubt I would still be in this world.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

• bradford
    bradford
    Then we found out trevor, the fake wife, and the third person were actually members of the governing body and we were duped again. It was hard to come back from that, but we are still here.
  • sir82
    sir82

the third person were actually members of the governing body

say what??????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit