Great news - Bethel in my country is closing down...

by Albert Einstein 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Here in Czech republic WTBS opened new Bethel home for some 60 workers about 18 years ago. It was presented as a proof JHVH is blessing and aproving WTBS and of course as a sign that the end is so close...

Recently I had with my MIL discusions about WTBS selling their property in many countries and cuting costs... She did not believe me....

Last week we went to visit her and she told me there was an anouncment at her meeting, that Bethel is closing down and the building will be sold. Only translating department will remain in the country in other premises and everything else will be moved to Slovakia.

Recently there is Bethel closing down in Spain and Italy and several assembly halls being sold here in Europe.

I hope this will open eyes to many JW to see the GB in fact does not believe in end being so close ...

Albert

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

Where will Peter Hamadej go now?

Will he return in Croatia?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hail the theocracy ever decreasing

I've always wanted to visit the Czech Republic. Hopefully the branch will be converted into a brewery, or something practical like that.

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

LOL @Billy!

Yeah, and we will drink Pilsner Urquell or Plzen Pivo there!

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I have no Idea. Probably Croatia or Germany.

He is a good guy by the way. He came over here to settle down problems with the troublemaking branch coordinators. 3 of them were deleted in 2002 and WTBS obviously did not trust locals anymore, so they rather sent here a foreigner...

Albert

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

Bert, I am Titus, by the way.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Recently I had with my MIL discusions about WTBS selling their property in many countries and cuting costs... She did not believe me....

Does she belive you now? How did she take the news?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Bert, I am Titus, by the way.

Why the switch Titus? You get banned?

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

JWWoods: She is a hardcore JW, but now she gets many questions from me she cannot answer, so she has to think about it... The other day she was telling me it must be the Truth, if there is such increase ... So I just pulled two latest yearbooks from her library and read her statistics for Europe - it is all about -1% or 0% ... She looked like she did not see it before...

WW - I see your avatar has a new haircut... Why the change?

Albert

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

MLE,

Yes, I get banned.

BERT,

It is Tito in his younger days. I want to look younger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit