Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-19-10 WT Study (HARVEST)

by blondie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

Blondie thanks so much for you hard work. I don't know how you do it sometimes.

Reading this stuff make me sick.

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

Para 16: in order to continue to QUALIFY for the PRIVILEGE of being a harvest worker....

The WTS is so shrewd. Call anything a privilege that people have to qualify for and it makes them want to do it, no matter how much of a dirty job it is. Everything is a privilege, from mowing the lawn to cleaning out the toilets, and these pathetic people clammer to do it because it makes them feel special, qualified, privileged; they belong to something important, and they believe they are making God happy.

It is endless mind games that the WT is playing. This is the type of article that leads me to believe they know exactly what they are doing. They do not care about helping people gain a spiritual balance in life; they just need worker drones.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    I'd venture to say there's plenty of JWs who are very unhappy. Myself being one of them.

Misery, do you have plans to get out? If you're so unhappy, why are you still in?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The basic points of the lesson:

• Everyone needs to be humble... except the Watchtower Corporation leadership who are the voice of God in all things.
    • Recruit, recruit, recruit! Don't do anything more with your life.
    • We're reminding you again that all the joyful and content people in "the world" are faking it. They obviously don't have the "genuine" joy and contentment that comes from slaving for a 19th century religio-publishing empire.

If this farticle wasn't enough fertilizer, next week will really stink up the Kingdumb Hauls.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Misery, do you have plans to get out? If you're so unhappy, why are you still in?

Who said I had plans to get out? I need the company. My name is Misery is it not? Get it? Misery, company......Get it? I know, I know. ......

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Who said I had plans to get out? I need the company. My name is Misery is it not? Get it? Misery, company......Get it? I know, I know. ......

You're going to be sorry that you've wasted your youth living in what you know to be a cult. Get yourself a good therapist, seriously. It's scary to leave but you can be happy.

• booby
    booby

Later, children came along, and the challenges increased. But Jehovah helped us stick to our decision."

how many have seen/known of cases like this and had the opportunity to see how the kids turned out. to me situations like this, while not automatically being abusive, often borders on child abuse. if you have children there is an inherent responsibility to do the best we can to due right by them and that is going to be a real challenge for two pioneering parents.

• peacedog
    peacedog

"Do you avoid unnecessary fellowship with schoolmates and fellow workers who do not share your beliefs?" (par 17)

Wow. They don't even bother with the pretense that all non-JWs are "bad association" and for that reason should be avoided. Rather, non-jws are to be avoided simply because they are not jws....

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow...

Thanks, Blondie, for posting this!

As WhereAmI indicated, you must have a strong stomach...

SlimBoyFat posted paragraphs 7 & 8 from some source which he didn't quote - urging the Witnesses to increase their congregations by 34% - and then 100% - but since he didn't quote his source, many posters [including myself] thought he was pulling our leg...

After reading your post of this Watchtower study, now I'm not so sure SlimBoyFat's post was a spoof or red herring... They sure are pushing the Rank&File to put in more - more - MORE - hours in service...

Zid

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thank you blondie

I happened to be present for this watchtower and managed to get 2 comments in advising caution about over extending oneself and then becoming sick and/or finding oneself in financial ruin. The sister in front of me was nodding away in agreement while I was making my first comment (paragraph 12 - the question does ask for a personal comment) and this encouraged me to say more than I should have. Afterthe meeting 2 sisters came up to me and thanked me and one sister said "I hear you QL". Basically I wove my own and my daughter's experience of pioneering into my answer because I believe that it is watchtower articles like this one that can provoke people to do "lofty things" (line 1 paragraph 7) to their own detriment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit