Loaded language for december tower

by booby 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Except for one song that I found, melisma has been banished from the new songbook.

Syllabic = "new light".

• Ding
    Ding

Skeeter1 wrote:

<< rule #1 for starting a cult

Get the followers to think you speak for God(s) as the absolute Truth. >>

And a second is like it:

Get the followers to think God wants you to obey them unquestioningly even when they are wrong...

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

That is the same Governing Body that told the Jehovah's Witnesses that the due time had approached in 1975.

Luke 21:8

He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

Jesus Christ gave a commandment in the above scripture.

Do you see it?

Do not go after them! <--- Jesus Christs commandment

We will be judged by how we treat Jesus Christ's commandments.

In Christ

abe

• VM44
    VM44

Does EVERY issue of the Watchtower contain mention of the authority of the GB?

It seems like it.

• booby
    booby

VM44 - if not directly then they slip it in by innuendo.

Heartofaboy - When I was an elduh I had a frustrated thingy trying to keep up with the little changes in language. You know book study conductor, then overseer; the title of the Kingdom Ministry changing, etc., etc. And this one sister who was quite smart and very well studied noticing and correcting me as though that stuff mattered a damn. I think part of my problem was laziness in keeping up but equally I just didn't think it mattered that much. But to some it was sacrilege to not use the current up todate verbiage, yuk.

• caliber
    caliber

PLEASE HELP ME HERE FRIENDS !! I an looking for a posting that talks about all the "praise" and honor that goes to the anointed , GB etc in the new song book

yet read this

Revelation Climax, page 36

"In the songbook produced by Jehovah’s people in 1905, there were twice as many songs praising Jesus as there were songs praising Jehovah God. In their 1928 songbook, the number of songs extolling Jesus was about the same as the number extolling Jehovah. But in the latest songbook of 1984, Jehovah is honored by four times as many songs as is Jesus. This is in harmony with Jesus’ own words: "The Father is greater than I am." (John 14:28) Love for Jehovah must be preeminent, accompanied by deep love for Jesus and appreciation of his precious sacrifice and office as God’s High Priest and King."

I want to contrast the fact that honor is given to the anointed, GB, Gifts in men etc.. but is wrong to praise Christ. PLEASE HELP !!!

• sir82
    sir82
    Notice what's missing. Yup, no "faithful and discreet slave".

That really is interesting.

For decades the mandates to obey and submit were always with regard to the "faithful and discreet slave".

Over the past 2-3 years it's been "the faithful and discreet slave and its representative governing body".

Have they finally completely marginalized the group they undoubtedly refer to amongst themselves as the "loony partakers"?

It will be interesting to note if this issue is the start of dropping any pretense to a special "faithful and discreet slave", evidently still numbering in the thousands, and just mandating obedience & submission to "the Governing Body" alone.

• cantleave
    cantleave

When will they state without any caveat that the FDS are the GB?

• Roddy
    Roddy

Are they still with the elders being the princes of the congregation and of the New Order? I thought they grew up from that self appointed royalty phase after the passing of Franz.

Sigh! Old teachings never die. They either are not mentioned or get recycled.

I guess there is going to be new discipline, rules, and regulations that's going to be delivered by the elders and traveling overseers soon. They are getting the rank and file ready now with obedience training.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit