Spiritual Widow??

by Xena 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

I was looking at the link Nelly has posted for the Bethel tours and went to the comment sections. They had posted a comment from a "spiritual widow" and I had to wonder what the heck they meant by that??? What do they consider her hubby already dead???

I don't know maybe I am taking it wrong..lol it has happened before..

• aTHINKING1
    aTHINKING1

hi xena
    i think she is saying that her husband is not a witness or at least not a strong witness. (my wife mumbles this about me all the time :) he he .)

• Will Power
    Will Power

The people that fall into this catagory are ones that have been cut off. There is no longer an invisible connection between husband & wife, and they share a house like room mates.
    They are no longer one.
    Not very nice

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

poor woman,
    she doesnt have the God ordained benefit of a man above her so that spirit can flow to her thru the proper channel.
    I would imagine her husband might be oppossed, he thus being as one already dead. ( havent read the link)

(Refiners- of the intellectual, prepubescent flea "class")

• TMS
    TMS

nice double entendre, refiners fire!

TMS

• Xena
    Xena

lol refiners,
    Poor husband..already counted among the dead..

Will Power,

that is what I was thinking too..not very nice..uuummm you think they can say "judgemental"???

aThinking1,

so are you not a JW or a weak one??? how dead are you exactly???

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

.....further. Thinking back to those "spiritual widows" in the local congregation, there always (to me) seemed to be an implication, an unspoken understanding that those husbands of the widows were remiss, failing to fullfill their duty to provide (as a good hunter gatherer)not literal feeding, but spiritual feeding.
    A label no christian man could desire.

• LB
    LB

I thought a Spiritual Window was sort of like one way glass, they can see you from heaven, but, you can't see them in heaven. Am I wrong?

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

The widow is probably NOT the closest to finding the reality of Freedom In Christ.

• LB
    LB

Hi my friend Thomas, wow you make it seem so simple, now it's as clear as mud. Here's another flower for you....

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit