Could it possibly be true that YOU.......wish.....to be......FOOLED?!

by Terry 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

People like to believe in fairy tales the same way they believe their children could do no wrong..or at least make it look that way to others..lol

Snoozy..who had perfect kids... (NOT)

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

Very interesting psychology. I think you're right! PEOPLE LIKE ILLUSIONS EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW THEY ARE NOT REAL!!

It's like a drug that gets them high, it's like daydreaming!!!

PEOPLE IN GENERAL ALWAYS WANT TO ESCAPE REALITY, RESPONSIBILITIES.

PEOPLE HATE TO BE BORED, ANYHING WILL DO!!!

Look at us here, any gossip, any bullshit will entertain us, right????

• garyneal
  • Balsam
    Balsam

Your right Terry there is plenty of magic thinking when it comes to biblical or religious wisdom. We most certainly want to be carried away from the realities of life imagining something better.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Mad Sweeney, I'm half way through this book and I'm loving every page, paragraph and sentence.

"Mistakes Were Made, But Not By Me" - Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson

Another thinking post by Terry, I love it!

• lionpaw
    lionpaw

terry

what you've been discussing here is entertainment 'magic'.

talk to person who's messed with the wrong kind of magic (sorcery, demonism,black arts,spiritism,etc) i assure you there wasnt a whole lot of fooling around.

that stuff i hear is scary real...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Lionpaw - if you can prove such a thing exists you can earn yourself $1,000,000.

• lionpaw
    lionpaw

nooooo....thank you

i think i'll pass

• whereami
    whereami

Terry once again thank you for a logical well presented thought provoking topic.

"Fear paralyzes the brain. Progress is born of courage. Fear believes courage doubts. Fear falls upon the earth and prays courage stands erect and thinks. Fear retreats courage advances. Fear is barbarism courage is civilization. Fear believes in witchcraft, in devils and in ghosts. Fear is religion courage is science."

-by Ingersoll, Robert Green

• clarity
    clarity

Geez just did a nice bit on this because it's so great ... but it disappeared

Anyway read it carefully ... among other things it explains why some go back!!!

c

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit