Could it possibly be true that YOU.......wish.....to be......FOOLED?!

by Terry 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Born ins and those converted as adults are in 2 VERY different categories, IMO.

Oh yes I agree fully. Apples and oranges really.

-Sab

• Ding
    Ding

Isn't there a difference, though?

When we go to a magic show, little kids may believe it's real magic.

But adults go knowing the magician isn't really going to saw the pretty lady in half.

They understand that David Copperfield hasn't really made the Statue of Liberty vanish.

They go anyway because they enjoy the entertaining show of a peson they know is an skilled actor/illusionist.

One time a circuit overseer said to a JW friend of mine, "Even if this weren't the truth, can you think of a better way to live?"

My friend told me, "I was astounded. I thought, `You bet. If this isn't the truth, I can think of a lot better things to do than attend 5 meetings a week and going door to door for years trying to suck people into a lie.' I didn't say anything at the time, but I never forgot that remark."

My friend and his family have since DA'd.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think the top 3 elements of illusion/magic are the ones have the most pertaining importance to the JWS.

1.Disappearance - this old wicked system of things will soon be no more, vanished completely

2.Production (something out of nothing) - Christ has set up his kingdom here on earth fighting Satan and all of things associated with him, invisibly

3. Transformation (one thing becomes another thing.) - a new paradise earth, where all of its inhabitants, including man will return to perfection

For the past century the WTS. has created a grand magical illusion on a stage for the general public to view separate from any rational cohesive logic.

Unfortunately 7 million people are still at the show taking it all in with delusional wonder and engaging awe.

Personally I saw the show myself some years ago when it came to town and I would have to give it a decisive thumbs down ,

with a warning attached to those interested in taking it in.

• Terry
    Terry

The element of MISdirection is very important to magic. The Watchtower always has the folks at the Kingdom Hall looking in the wrong direction.

It is the OTHER believers who are fooled by Satan's lies. It is the concept of LOOK AT THAT not THIS which is important to controlling the natural skepticism humans are prone to.

Then, there is the element of accepting something as being what it APPEARS to be (instead of a contrived gizmo) so that nothing suspicious comes to mind. The lady put in the box and sawed in half is in a specially built box that has the bottom drop down in a V shape so that her torso will not come in contact with the sawblade.

The Watchtower has built a similar box which APPEARS normal but is specially contrived. It is the appearance of a Faithful body of believers doing the most important work on the planet: door to door ministry! But, the magazines and books don't contain anything useful at all--there is no education going on--only misdirection and false arguments and phony conclusions drawn from false premises.

Jesus is invisibly directing the Organization? They are not false prophets? The mistakes they've made are not proof of lies but only once illuiminative LIGHT now grown "old" and replaced by "New" light?

It is all put together carefully and practised to the point of fooling the unwary and surprising and delighting the unwary.

But--it is all an illusion.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

One thing about born-ins though is that they thought the magic was real from the beginning. Reality WAS magic. Magic WAS reality. True logic existed in the magical. See what I mean? Born ins and those converted as adults are in 2 VERY different categories, IMO.

Some of those that converted as an adult was already buying into the magic act in another religion.

All we did was go to a different show, one we thought was better!!!!

purps

The Enlightenment is the recent period in human history in which mankind sorted out a new way of pressing ahead toward a future of improvement, progress, technology and social well-being......while attempting to reconstruct the old Mythos of God and Devil fighting over us as the spoils of their conflict.

Rational Humanism squared off against Reactionary Religious Conservatism.

That battle is ongoing.

The Musilm religion is fighting Modernity by trying to destroy it and impose a Theocracy on society at large.

The West has grappled with Church and State again and again....finally deciding a separation is best (mythos+logos).

Denial of the rational never works. Abandonment of the Mythos leads to depression and alienation.

How we combine the two=how successful we are as a people.

• Terry
    Terry

The HUGE problem (obstacle) Born-Ins have is that they cannot conscientiously rebel against "righteous" parents to individuate their identity.

Meaning what?

Meaning they come to recognize something is WRONG with their world (and their own thinking) vis a vis Jehovah Theology.

The conclusion they are wrongly driven to is that they are BAD for noticing!

Non religious families don't produce this stunning effect on their own children! Kids can see just how full of crap their own parents are and feel superior in rebelling against them.

JW kids can't escape the punishing view thy themselves are unworthy. They can't see their family's religion as Wrong.

So...they self-punish and drop out and accept the brunt: disassociation/disfellowshipping.

People who see themselves as BAD cannot recover the same way a "wronged" person can.

It is a very damaging state of mind!!

• Ding
    Ding

I think that much of the WT misdirection is accomplished by their making so much of matters that aren't significant in the Bible at all -- insistence on using the name Jehovah, rigid rules about holidays, birthdays, standing during a national anthem, shape of the cross/stake, etc.

Weightier issues like love and mercy are ignored.

Like the Pharisees the WTS strains at gnats and swallows camels.

Sometimes this has deadly effect as when the take a scripture about honoring life and use it to insist that JWs die rather than take a life-saving blood transfusion.

• Violia
    Violia

When I see a magic show I expect to be amazed. Otherwise I want my money back.

I did not realize the difference between born ins and walk ins until the era of cult deprograming.

Born ins have no pre cult personality to fall back on.

• Terry
    Terry

I wonder if there has ever been a child raised in a fervent religious enviornment who didn't naturally become repelled by it?

Billy Graham's son, Franklin, for example.

He was lured back into the fold to inherit the legacy.

I find that, generally speaking, people raised in strong religious enviornments are rater torpid, obtuse and reckless. I'm sure there must

be exceptions....I just can't think of any offhand.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The element of MISdirection is very important to magic. The Watchtower always has the folks at the Kingdom Hall looking in the wrong direction.

It is the OTHER believers who are fooled by Satan's lies. It is the concept of LOOK AT THAT not THIS which is important to controlling the natural skepticism humans are prone to.

Good point and they continue to do this when your out. Like when you point out something in the lit that condemns them, they just re-direct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit