WT December 15, 2010

by Designer Stubble 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• clarity
    clarity

Designer stubble,

Amazing how much earlier I get the 'mags' now that I stopped attending. lol

Love this quote:

"For that and other reasons, the Governing Body approved the publication of a new songbook entitled Sing to Jehovah. The number of songs in our new book has been reduced to 135. Because there are fewer songs to learn, it should be possible for us to memorize the lyrics".

Yeah, fewer songs and highly concentrated with GB!!! These songs are 'especially' penned for us dopes dubs, & drills into us that the GB supercede Christ for the most part and speak only the words of God. And for a final little shove....MEMORIZE OUR WORDS!!!

CULT CULT SCARY CULT!!!!!!!!!!

clarity

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Control. Control. Control.

• peacedog
    peacedog

clarity, I had the exact same thought. Memorize the lyrics?? The lyrics are nothing short of WT PROPAGANDA! Blatant mind control/thought reform...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

2. Witnesses are not submitting themselves to the elders or Governing Body rulings. This could be viewed as “brazen conduct”

They just don't see through the wool over their own eyes. This is how I envision them rambling on about insistence of obedience:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9FiPaSdiL0&feature=related
    3. People do not like the new songbook

Here's WT's (unofficial so far) answer to the members that don't like the change:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOCRdCcfEyM

Page 19, Paragraph 14
    [quote]Ask yourself: ‘Do I reflect Jesus’ attitude toward people in my ministry? Do I give Jehovah my best even if my health or personal circumstances might limit what I can do?’[/quote]

In other words, "The elderly ones are the only real hardcore Witnesses left, so we will keep applying guilt to them so that, hopefully they insist that the younger ones don't leave the organization or else the hardcore ones will have to shun them. That should keep the younger ones in for 10 or 20 more years."

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks, DS... good thread

Yep, more control from the GB. It's starting to become more and more apparent that they are placing themselves in the place of Christ. Now dubs are going to be judged on their attitude towards how they follow direction of the GB. No actual mention of the ruling king Jesus Christ... Good comment from Sir82 on this as well.

The bit about getting there in time to sing and staying at your seat during the break isn't really new. They harp on that every so often, but it's usually through talks, especially COs. Funny they reference the new song book. I'd say that the reason more people are wandering around during the song is because, well, those new songs are just plain shit. I had to displeasure of hearing a couple of the new ones at a JW funeral just a few weeks ago. God, were they bad. And now they want the dubbies to memorize em. It would be funny if it weren't for the fact that they weren't kidding....they really expect people to it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

What bothers me is that they spend a significant portion of space in their articles reminding you of their authority. Its as if they lack confidence in themselves, or have serious self esteem issues. Thanks MLE

The GB paranoia is picking up, they seem threatened (perhaps insecure and rightfully so). It's getting on the edge like Hitler, Jim Jones, and David Koresh (Waco). There is no place for them to go. They have made themselves stuck.

Rick Ross, a cult deprogrammer, spoke recently to my brother. He has observed the JW organization is struggling, and trying to change things that didn't exist previously (back in the 80s when we left).

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm loving how the general consensus on the new song book is that it sucks. Hilarious. You don't have to be an apostate posting on here to recognize how sucky the new songs are either. "It should be possible for us to memorize the lyrics" SMH. They're getting more and more delusional up there. When will they ever learn, you can't regiment faith.

• undercover
    undercover

I had to go see this mag after reading these snippets that DS shared with us...

The article on singing is really out there. And this paragraph...wow, is it a doozy...

Page 23, paragraph 15:

As time passes, refinements are made in our understanding of the Scripture. Proverbs 4:19 says: "The path of the righteous (why do I picture Sam Jackson reading this) ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established." Increased light inevitably leads to adjustments in the way in which we 'sing the truth'. For the past 25 years, Jehovah's Witnesses in many lands have enjoyed using the songbook entitled Sing Praises to Jehovah. In the years since that book was first published, the light has been getting brighter on a number of topics, and some of the expressions used in that songbook have become outdated. For example, we no longer speak of "the new order" but of "the new world". And we now state that Jehovah's name will be "sanctified, not "vindicated." Clearly, from a doctrinal standpoint, there has been a need to bring our songbook up-to-date.

Wow....just...fucking wow...

• undercover
    undercover

Oh boy... here's another good qoute from the first study article Be Zealous For True Worship, paragraph 4...didn't wait long to start shoveling the shit did they?

As we have seen, a sense of urgency is usually connected with a time limit, a deadline, an end. We are living in the time of the end, and there is plenty of evidence - both Scriptural and historical - to prove that.

After making such a declaration that historical evidence proves we're in the last days, the very next sentence contradicts the previous...

Still, no man knows the exact time when the end will come. When giving the details of "the sign" marking "the conclusion of the system of things" Jesus specifically said, "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father."

So, okay which is it? We have historical and bible evidence to prove we're in the last days or no man knows? Pick one, goddam it.

• Mary
    Mary

Actually, I can verify that the new Songbook does indeed, suck dead rocks. I was shocked when I went to the Memorial this year how they had changed the notes for the Oldies that we sang as it sounded very dark and depressing. I thought "WTF did they waste their time changing it?" Truly awful. I guess not too many Dubs are impressed either and there's probably been some "murmurings" about how they liked the old songbook better.

Rather than feel frustrated or discouraged because Jehovah's day seems to be delayed, we should be glad that there is still time for us to be zealous for true worship.

'Seems to be delayed'? How about 'is nowhere in sight'. Even the most loyal of Dubs know that there is something seriously wrong here, especially after the summer ASSembly's ridiculous 'new light' about Jesus referring to an 'overlapping generation'. Witnesses have been waiting for over 130 years now for 'The End' and it's no closer now than it was when Charlie Russell first wrote The Object and Manner of our Lord's Return in 1874. Had JW's been allowed to have a normal life like people of other denominations, then the frustration and discouragement might not be as bad as what it apparently is. But when people are strongly discouraged to give up things like marriage, having children, getting an education, buying a home, when you're not allowed to celebrate anything and must attend 5 meetings a week and then go and bang on doors for a minimum of 10 hours every month, then ya....people are going to be pissed off that their 'sacrifices' were all in vain.

The goons at the top know this of course, but God forbid that they ever apologize for all the false hopes they've given the masses over the decades. Instead, they do what they always do when backed into a corner: they point the finger at the rank and file and insinuate that the problem lies with them, not the Governing Body.

Should be interesting to see what sorry-assed writings they come up with for 2014.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit