I'm going to the Kindom Hall to please my parents

by Joshnaz 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

My parents are visting from Florida and I agreed to take them to the kingdom hall for a meeting, but I'm just doing to make them feel comfortable while they are here. I told them I'll be sitting in the back with jeans and sneakers playing with my i phone. I made shure they didn't get any wrong impressions about me returning to the kingdom hall. i had to go out of my way just to find one and the days and time when there's meetings. Anyone have any suggestions to help me out?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You should be prepared for them to "witness" to you. This could be a good chance to plant a seed of doubt and help them see the dangers of the organization.

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

I don't know the circumstances with your family, but I say don't go. There are times when we have to make a stand. How long has it been since you went to a meeting?

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Yes, good! I will catch up on my JW facts, just to be ready.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I haven't gone in 12 years. i know it wont effect me, its just like one time one friend of mine asked if I wanted to go to a baptist church. i went to because he asked but never was interested and never had the inclination to return.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nothing wrong with your idea. I probably would have offered to find it and drop them off/pick them up.

You are a good son. Make sure you have headphones on.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Thanks OTWO.

I just want them to be comfortable and I know if they don't go they'll be uncomfortable staying with me. Its the first time in over 12 years I have been able to spend some real time with them. they hav gotten over the "shunning thing" and have moved on to respect my wishes to not continue being a JW. Its only nice of me to take a painfull 1.5 hours to please them.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Drop them off, pick them up, then take them to dinner.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I'll be looking for juciy details I can tell you all about later. haha

LeavingWT--Ya, just tell them tuck-and-roll GRANDMA! and push them out without stopping! LMAO!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    LeavingWT--Ya, just tell them tuck-and-roll GRANDMA! and push them out without stopping! LMAO!

Haha, not exactly.

HAVE PLANS for that time period. But, let them know that you WILL be able to get them to and from the meeting and still meet your previous obligations.

Moreover, your offer to buy them dinner wraps it all up into a package of kindness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit