If you don't give a s**t about celebrating, feel free to post here.

by VampireDCLXV 103 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'll just come out and say it... I don't give a f**k about my birthday. It's only a painful reminder that I'm one year closer to my grave. I've lived my life for so long without the b-day thing, I just don't give a shit about starting now. Neither do I give a shit about x-mas, v-day, h-ween, etc. To me these are stupid, expensive, overblown, troublesome commercial indulgences the world can do without. (Not to mention that they are bad for the environment. )
    I'm not here to pick a fight with those who DO celebrate. This thread is not here to debate the moral correctness of such OR anyone's right to do so. (Notice the profanity? I'm not a WT apologist.)

I've noticed that there are many 'worldlies' (non baptized, non born-ins) who don't bother with b-days or holidays either. I've even known some of them personally. If you don't give a crap about any of it either, post here.

Let the thunder roll...

V665

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Stupid, expensive, overblown, commercial... yes.

But loads of fun!

• tec
    tec

Other people that I care about, care about these things. So I do too, for them. Like Christmas - my dad loves being able to spend the money he has saved all year long on gifts for the family that he loves. How can I deny him that or put a damper on it.

I do not, however, like the materialism of any of these holidays. Or the stress that goes with.

Tammy

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Little bit of heaven right there....

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

This looks a cozy place too.....

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

UGH! Whatever!

If ppl choose to celebrate stuff, it's their right to do so. I just hate it when I and others get crapped on for not wanting to do the same.

V665

• Sam Whiskey
  • VampireDCLXV
  • Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Who's crappin on ya bro?

• Sam Whiskey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit