Some things that we APOSTATES keep getting wrong. We need some FRESH IDEAS!

by nicolaou 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just my opinions of course;

Money:

A common attitude among ex-JW's is that the Watchtower will face collapse only when the money dries up - I disagree. Even if impoverished, taxed and stripped of charitable status, the WT would continue to command the loyalty of millions of followers, those trials might actually increase the loyalty of the rank and file.

It's the perceived AUTHORITY of the Society that needs to weaken, not its finances.

Doctrine:

Again, it's often reasoned that losing the 607 B.C.E date for the destruction of Jerusalem would end in disaster for the Society. Sorry but I just don't think so. The Society could adopt the 587/6 date and 95% of dubs wouldn't even think twice about it. Why? Because they perceive the Watchtower to be teaching with AUTHORITY.

AUTHORITY is the key. The society can change or drop any teaching or date it likes; 1914, 607, the generation, the anointed, the remnant, anything! There are no sacred cows except one - AUTHORITY. They can dress that authority anyway they like and attach a new name or label to it, they don't care so long as they retain it.

- - - - - - -

A lot of good people have spent years of their lives researching the Society's doctrines and finances and thousands of us have been freed as a result - I thank you all! But doctrinal essays and the exposure of U.N. type cover-ups or pedophile abuse will never result in a mass exodus of affronted and shocked JW's. Some will murmur, a few may leave, then they'll all pick up their Songbooks and sing like before . .

We need creative thinking on undermining the Watchtower Society's perceived AUTHORITY!

Nic'

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I couldn't agree with you more, Nic. I think Captives of a Concept got it right. No matter what they do or say and no matter how wrong it is, as long as the r&f believe that they are God's organization, they will justify everything.

The trick is, how do you get them to step back and...THINK!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your going to have to get past..

"The WBT$ is Gods Organization,because the WBT$ says so"..

Your never going to convince a Loyal JW otherwise..

They won`t Listen..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    They won`t listen..

Have a little faith my friend, many have listened, they join us here all the time. Of course, for a groundswell movement away from the Organisation an international, very low cost, groundswell plan needs to be put into action.

I have a couple of ideas I'm working on but I may need to take some tough decisions at home first . . . . .

Nic'

• ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit

The only people worth trying to help are the youth who haven't been fully brainwashed yet, and the older ones who never fully bought it in the first place.

As hard it is to accept, some will never change no matter what.

• dogon
    dogon

This is stupid. its like poking a old drunk half passed out in a ditch. who gives a shit what the cult does? I really care about as much as I care what the mormons are doing this weekend. As long as stupid people go to the cult they will survive. God damn there are people who believe that UFOs land all the time and that man faked walking on the moon. I really don't give a shit. Stupid people need to be left to their own stupid ways and stomped on when the conflict with my life. JW do not conflict with my life, they are insagnificant ants. Let them sing songs and read cult watchtowers, it does not affect us. I am not saying to not talk to and tell the facts to a dubber but I could give a rats ass what the FDS body spray does on its weekends.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nic..

If you can Conquer the One Idea..

That gives the WBT$ it`s Power over Jehovah`s Witness`s..

"The WBT$ is Gods Organization,because the WBT$ says so"..

I wish you all the Luck in the World..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Nic: "We need creative thinking on undermining the Watchtower Society's perceived AUTHORITY!"

As I mentioned on another thread, I believe that you transferred your Power of Attorney to the WT when you answered the baptismal questions. I believe the baptismal act was your indication of submission to their authority and really has nothing to do with "washing away your sins" or whatever.

If this is correct, then the authority is not simply "perceived" and the only way to undermine it is to revoke it. Just walking away does not cut it. I think you will have to delve into the legalities and the wording that will be required to accomplish this.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Time is all that is needed for the WT lose its power. But it will take quite a bit more of it before it fully implodes.

Time produces newer generations of people, and with each generation these kids get more and more accustomed to easy access to information and a life without God and religion. It's already happening, with that Pew Poll showing 2/3 of born-ins leaving the WT.

Time is what it will take for that religion to widdle away into an asterisk in history book. I just hope it's in my lifetime when it happens.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yep, it has been said : Time is the enemy of the Prophet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit