Those that just one day - were not there anymore

by just n from bethel 29 Replies latest jw friends

• pirata
    pirata

just n from bethel, what was your initial issue?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Something you said reminded me of the meeting me and my husband had with the elders who told us we could say whatever we wanted to each other but not to the congregation it would affect their faith. if you have doubts keep them to yourself.

we thought this isn't going to work something is really wrong here.

something jeremiah said comes to mind.

and in my heart it proved to be like a burning fire shut up in my bones and I got tired of holding it in and I was unable to endure it.

We knew we couldn't keep our mouths shut I felt screams rising up inside of me at the meetings.

• El Nunya
    El Nunya

Honesty with ones self and before men, heavily seasoned with personal integrity are admirable traits. Thank you for taking the time to post.

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

Great post-Thank you for sharing.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

(marking to read later. Looks interesting but no time to read opening post right now.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

DO's and CO's can disagree, but keep it to themselves. Yeah, they are just saying that they know the CO/DO will see through the lies of something sooner or later.

I simply used my own thiking ability, the Bible, and Watchtower publications.

I bet they would say your thinking abillity was flawed.

I too, seriously doubted the flood stories. But it wasn't the thing that led me to research and leaving. Thanks for your well-told story.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

great post!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Nicely done.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Well, ummmm, er, hmmmm...welcome to the board....your future posts should be interesting......

• Scott77
    Scott77

book marked for later reading

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit