Have your prayers EVER been answered?

by nicolaou 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

LTW,

Perhaps because God loves people, no matter what size, colour, shape or persuasion. ;o)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Perhaps because God loves people, no matter what size, colour, shape or persuasion. ;o)

That is one possibility. Another would be that there are multiple Gods. This would allow Allah to answer the prayers of Muslims and would allow Jesus and his Father to answer the prayers of the Christians.

If the religions have beliefs which are mutually exclusive, it could also be the case that all theology is wrong and a God or Gods answer some prayers as they see fit.

I think honesty demands that we give attention to Occam's Razor, however, and allow for some Confirmation Bias, when calculating the success of prayers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

When I was a kid, no joke, I used to pray before I took an exam. I prayed I would get an A.

And I did! That was proof that there must've been a GOD! Oh silly me.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

punk don't stop asking God needs to hear persistance, i prayed for 28 years to get out of the organization i never stopped praying i thought God would never hear me and then one day it happened and i have never looked back. StartingOver, I never asked God for an amount of money never it wasn't about how much or how little it was just there for me. Freely or some amount. As for helping others I have many many times given even out of my want to help others and I am not saying that to be a goody two shoes, I am not, if I knew of a case where someone had nothing and i had little I would share the little I had. I give to the food bank if they give me something I am no keen on I recycle it back to another food bank shelter like in our nursing home or at our church. I don't waste I despise waste. There are to many people with out food clothing and shelter. Yesterday a young indigent lady was at our church homeless didn't have a place to go to had no food I told her to eat what we have on Sundays I gave her the list of all the food resourses in town and where she can eat freely every night of the week, I told her to where she can assistance for a place to stay and in my heart I know I helped her the best way I could. I would have allowed here in my home but my son is here and he isn't suppose to be either i live in senior housing but i am not going to see my son on the street because he has no job and the tempratures have been over a hundred degrees outside. I love my neighbour as I should I would never hurt a soul and I do what I do because God helps me. He has never slammed the door on me and I sure a hell will not slam the door on one in need. I never judge a person until I have walked in his or her shoes. And in most cases I have walked that mile but God has carried and sustained me even in my darkest hours in life when I thought their was no hope he was my strenght and my refuge, he has sustained me when I have walked through the valley of death and I came out the other side. Nothing or no one can convince that God doesn't hear and answer our prayers.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

punk don't stop asking God needs to hear persistance, i prayed for 28 years to get out of the organization i never stopped praying i thought God would never hear me and then one day it happened and i have never looked back. StartingOver, I never asked God for an amount of money never it wasn't about how much or how little it was just there for me. Freely or some amount. As for helping others I have many many times given even out of my want to help others and I am not saying that to be a goody two shoes, I am not, if I knew of a case where someone had nothing and i had little I would share the little I had. I give to the food bank if they give me something I am no keen on I recycle it back to another food bank shelter like in our nursing home or at our church. I don't waste I despise waste. There are to many people with out food clothing and shelter. Yesterday a young indigent lady was at our church homeless didn't have a place to go to had no food I told her to eat what we have on Sundays I gave her the list of all the food resourses in town and where she can eat freely every night of the week, I told her to where she can assistance for a place to stay and in my heart I know I helped her the best way I could. I would have allowed here in my home but my son is here and he isn't suppose to be either i live in senior housing but i am not going to see my son on the street because he has no job and the tempratures have been over a hundred degrees outside. I love my neighbour as I should I would never hurt a soul and I do what I do because God helps me. He has never slammed the door on me and I sure a hell will not slam the door on one in need. I never judge a person until I have walked in his or her shoes. And in most cases I have walked that mile but God has carried and sustained me even in my darkest hours in life when I thought their was no hope he was my strenght and my refuge, he has sustained me when I have walked through the valley of death and I came out the other side. Nothing or no one can convince that God doesn't hear and answer our prayers.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Since I came to the conclusion 20 years ago that there is absolutely no God, there have been many, many times where I needed things. Money, housing, transportation, etc. In almost all of those cases, a solution plopped right into my lap/was found around the next bend/ got a phone call out of the blue/ etc., and ALL without one LICK of prayer.

See, blessings happen for us godless heathens, too.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Vander I like your thoughts and convictions.

I meant to ask you earlier and forgot, but you mentioned the Royal Victoria Hospital, is that the one in Barrie ONT. or in Montreal Que. I lived and worked in the one in Montreal. That is why I was wondering. Sorry for going off the topic.

orangefatcat

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Let me be clear: If prayer works for you, then by all means continue.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Lowkey I am very happy for you and yes in I do believe you good things happen to all kinds of persons Christian or not. I guess your one of the lucky ones. Blessings to you.

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

If prayers work.. why do we have Cancer still on earth!?

How many Billions of people have beg to god to take avay the pain from the loved ones?

How many Billions billoins people had suffer the loss from a loved one died in Cancer?

There are 2 possibillities as i see it:

1: there is apperently no god that can listen to us humans.

2: There is a god that listen, but he enjoy to see us humans beeing tortured to death and leaves the relatives devestated...

Either way... NO way that i shall EVER! pray to that kind of a god... EVER!
    -Go fu** yo** se*** "god"!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit