So whats this Kool Aid stuff all about?

by Joliette 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joliette
    Joliette

The Kool Aid editions of the Watchtower...is it pretty much every edition now? LOL.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The 15th of the month is the study edition or "kool aid" watchtower

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Every month there are two magazines that the Borg entitle The Watchtower. One is for Dubs to study for Sunday Meetings. This is the Kool Aid edition. The other, the PR edition, is for handing out to the public. They try to keep the subversive and culty material out of the PR edition.

• teel
    teel

And for newbies or those who haven't heard it before, here's from wikipedia:

"Drinking the Kool-Aid" means becoming a firm believer in something: accepting an argument or philosophy wholeheartedly or blindly. The term originated with the Jonestown Massacre, where members of the Peoples Temple were said to have committed suicide by drinking Kool-Aid laced with cyanide.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh wow...yeah I heard about the Jamestown thing...that man was a nutcase!! That Jim Jones died.

• Joliette
    Joliette

So...the study edition is the Kool Aid edition...oh okay

Why did they come out with the 'special study edition?' I thought it was to save paper, but is it something more than that.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Why did they come out with the 'special study edition?' I thought it was to save paper, but is it something more than that.

It didn't really save all that much paper - there are still the two issues. People taking fewer copies of both probably saved more paper.

Sounds to me like they just wanted to put stuff in the JW study issues that they didn't necessarily want the interested public to read.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh...more propaganda huh?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Oh...more propaganda huh?

For sure the witness-only version has had a bunch of "follow the GB/faithful slave no matter what" in it. I think the society may be so deluded that they think they are somehow making the ordinary dubs feel special that they have their "own" watchtower.

• bigmac
    bigmac

"didn't want the interested public to read"

quick lets get him (her) preserved & put in a museum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit