Resurrection...to where???

by lv4fer 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

New heaven and New Earth scripture to ponder:

2 Peter 3:12-13
    "But the day of the Lord will come like a theif. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroted by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed it's comming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heavens and a new earth, the home of righteousness"

Bold mine

Also, Christians will be resurrected to heaven at first at the rapture but when Christ comes again after the tribulation and before the millenium the christians will come with to rule as kings on the earth. The greek is 'on' the earth. Rev.20:4 states who will reign with Christ and Matt 19:28-30 elaborates on who 'those who had been given authority to judge' are- all christians.
    Have fun guys

• its_my_life2001ca
    its_my_life2001ca

To me it only seems reasonable for man to have an earthly hope. The bible says that God gave the earth to man and the way it was created satisfies our desires.The majority of us have never had the opportunity or time to really enjoy life here the way we were meant to and for some it's a fleeting existence. Does God need us in heaven?..is there a shortage of angels?..unless we pre-existed there, why would we want to return there forever? Granted, I would love to see God and Jesus, but meaning no disrespect, I would prefer to live on earth and explore it's every crevice. Really enjoy life the way we have imagined it. Anyway, time will tell and we do have the assurance that God has our best interests at heart.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Do you really believe heaven is a place? Like that you could drive to, or take a plane or a rocket?
    There's a real throne etc? Will the new city really be made out of jewels?

Have you ever thought in terms of a different dimension?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit