Resurrection...to where???

by lv4fer 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Can anyone give me scriptural proof that we will be resurrected to life on earth? I can't find anything except scriptures that talk about a resurrection to heaven.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I know of 2
    In rev there is a sentence that a new earth comes down from heaven, after the old earth is no more.
    there is also a sentence in psalms that says the meek shall inherit the earth.
    I can't see someone making up a whole religion out of these 2 sentences so there must be more. And if the MEEK is all you need to be well..........

lv4fer
    I have a sample discussion of a JW explaining the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Would you care to see it and comment? I'm not sure if it is current JW doctrine and would be interested in finding out.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

why would you need to be resurrected to heaven
    ..why not stay there in the first place

• Valis
    Valis

Thought this site might help.

Resurrection VS Rapture

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/TheFinalDeception/Rapture.html

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I know the Rev scripture and the psalms. OK so there will be a new heavens and new earth and the meek will inherit the earth. Where is everyone going to be while the new earth is in the making? I'm wondering if perhaps after you are resurrected to heaven the new earth will be made and then that is where you will live. I'm just trying to sort it out. I was doing some bible research and I started looking up all the scriptures that the WT used to back up their claim that we will be resurrected to the earth and only 144,000 to heaven. I read everything I could find but maybe I missed something. I can find anything that refers to an earthly resurrection. HelP! I've been a witness for 15 years.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Thanks for the info on angelfire, that was really interesting. I'm starting to wonder where do the witnessess get this earthly resurrection teaching?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Funny, I don't see anything in the so-called New Testament that changes the Jewish hope of life eternal on earth. Can you point me to even one NT verse that says people leave this planet to live elsewhere?

http://www.mindspring.com/~anthonybuzzard/christianhope.htm

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Show me scriptures that refer to an earthly resurrection NT or OT I don't care the entire bible is inspired of God. I'm not saying that we are not going to live on the earth, I'm just looking for scriptural proof that we are. The only resurection I can find is a heavenly one.

I went to the web-site the christian hope. OK so if that is the case, why in the NT does it say that those who are resurrected will have a spiritual body and be like the angels. It makes a difference between the different types of bodies. It also says that there will be a NEW Heavens and a NEW Earth because the Old heaven and earth had passed away. If that were the case how can Abraham get the land?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Having just dusted off my Aid Book and Reasoning From the Scriptures, I would once have used Ps.37, and John 5 28-30. But now I have to say, er, No !
    They do not clearly and uniquivocally say what once thought they did.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Haven't you figured out that the NT was written for the 144,00(GB) only. The ones who are to live on earth are just a by product and are not important enough to have anything written to them, we don't even have a relationship with Christ apart from the remnant of anointed ones. Haven't you been keeping up with the new light? We are just the magazine distributors.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit