The Witness Who Cried Wolf

by sabastious 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

Witnesses, for some reason, feel they deserve massive credibility in Bible predictions and interpretations. Enough that they feel they have to right o be considered an Universal Authority.

Their claim to fame comes from, mainly, their stance on Blood, the Trinity, Immortality of the Soul and Hellfire. Maybe this is actually what the Bible teaches... but to me, it is a moot stance in regards to the position they claim to have a right to.

The Witnesses have been heralding the Coming of Christ for well over a century. Every time (and I do mean every time) the Earth or it's inhabitants go through a crisis you can always count on the Witnesses using it to further their message.

These crisis's come and go and, although at the time the Witnesses were shouting loudly at their significance, are now forgotten and archived into our history.

To the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses:

You no longer have any credibility. You have cried wolf too many times. You CANNOT claim to be the sole path to God anymore. You have had your chance, you put your money where your mouth was and you lost.

It's time to man up and figure out your REAL place in this world. If God ever had a vested interest in your message he has long since left you for you have not represented his message accurately nor ethically.

This is not the time to give up, but it is the time to take a good look at yourself in the past, now and what your future can be.

There are a lot of good people under your wings. They will follow you yet some will not. It is time for action, for I believe your very existence is on the chopping block.

You hold the hearts of many of my family members in your grasp, your downfall is their downfall and I do not wish ill upon them.

Please, if anyone with any say in Brooklyn is reading this, hear my plea and act accordingly.

-Sab

• pirata
    pirata

Amen.

• arimatthewdavies
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Agreed!

• steve2
    steve2

Sab, your letter is based on an unhelpful belief that the organization can be persuaded to change by logic and reason. Unfortunately, one of the hallmarks of religious belief is its ability to ignore both logic and reason. That's as true of JWs as it is of organized religion in general.

• Ding
    Ding

Not only does the Watchtower claim every crisis and breakout of evil is proof that Armageddon is just around the corner, but when things are relatively quiet they say that when people are saying "true peace and security" sudden destruction will come.

So war and chaos prove Armageddon is almost here and peace and calm prove it too!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, your letter is based on an unhelpful belief that the organization can be persuaded to change by logic and reason.

Unhelpful?

Logic and Reason are a last ditch effort.

If they do not listen to them, they will fade into history as a misguided people. They have accomplished a lot since their inception for good and for bad. A new conciousness is fighting against an old definition, how many have to die spiritually, physically and ethically before they concede to the new consciousness?

They will reform or fall, whether my "unhelpful" opinion exists or not.

-Sab

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

Well said!!

• sabastious
    sabastious

Anyone in bethel want to pass this to the high-ups?

-Sab

• ambersun
    ambersun
    You hold the hearts of many of my family members in your grasp, your downfall is their downfall and I do not wish ill upon them.

This says it all for me. Thanks Sab.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit