The Witness Who Cried Wolf

by sabastious 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The credibility of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has been shot to pieces!

I keep tell dubs that when they asked why I no longer attend the meetings.

I also wonder if the Governing Body ever feels the weight of the mill stone around their necks considering how many they have caused to stumble in their faith:

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    "It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble. (3) So watch yourselves............

• sabastious
    sabastious
    This says it all for me. Thanks Sab.

-Sab

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Sabastious,

your words does prove the veracity of Jesus words:

29. But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

============================

the real understanding of these words is , for a long time , for each of us - who worshiped God through (so called)"God's organization" , the GB and those around them has been seen/perceived as "heavenly luminaries" , being also persons "with heavenly calling"

NOW , the reality around us demonstrates that "the increasing light" coming from them is , in fact , "darkness" !

than means that "the powers of the heavens shall be/are being shaken"

yes , they are the "old heavens" to be destroyed ...

------------------------------

Now , what does it follows ?

the verse 30 says that "the sign of the Son of man" ...

well , the Son of man includes those who really are members of the "Body of Christ" now on earth

how will they be recognized ?

again Jesus words :

43. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He that hath ears, let him hear.

so , they will " shine forth as the sun" ...

will we be able to identify them ?

-----------------------------------

This way does God describe His ongoing action (of replacing the old heavens with the new ones )

Isaiah 51: 16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and have covered thee in the shadow of my hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

and what will be the result of His work ?

Revelation 21: 1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth are passed away; and the sea is no more.

does smbd understand that ?

wantingtruth

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

amen!!!!

if they would man-up, and admit all their shortcomings and failures......... I would have some respect for them.

but, they keep on tightening up the grip, and DEMANDING respect

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit