BREAKING NEWS on www.jw-media.org

by Wrong Way 126 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    I'm all for banning the WT.

I'm against banning the WTS/JWs.

Even though this gives JWs the persecution complex they love to wallow in, it spells trouble in a much larger sense than what JWs are able to understand. JWs can't see past their own nose. They see a government ban as a sign that the "end" is just that much closer. They simultaneously fret and rejoice over such news. "Our poor Russian brothers..." in one breath and then "isn't it great how close we are to the end..." in the next.

But in the real world, this is a problem that has nothing to do with delusional beliefs in Armageddon or God's plan for a select minority of people. This is a stepping stone to further rights and freedoms being trampled on.

While I despise the WT religion, their being banned sets the tone for many others to be affected by a government that continues to expand their bans of religions/groups they don't like. It starts with the WTS...where does it end?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The best solution is what donuthole has presented. If like in Bulgaria, that the WTS will change their policies.

• Terry
    Terry

The Russian government is like Jehovah in the garden of Eden making something forbidden. It didn't work back then and it won't work now.

For all the decades Communism prevailed religious belief was outlawed. When the Berlin Wall fell and Communism (for all practical purposes) gave up the ghost, millions of Christians, Jews and Muslims suddenly started attending church, Synagogue and Mosque again like nothing had happened!

They had just grown more determined.

Freedom of religion is allowing your children to play with rattlesnakes as well as fuzzy bunny rabbits.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ uses Jehovah`s Witness`s..

To defame other religions in Russia..Which is against the Law in Russia..

And..

Campain against the Russian Government..

The WBT$ has started it`s own personal War in Russia..

Jehovah`s Witness`s should stay out of Russian Politics,follow Russian law..

and..

Let the WBT$ clean up their own mess..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• fokyc
    fokyc

Anyway IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!!!

The CoBoE in my wife's cong says that jw-media.org is an apostate website and everything on there is wrong.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Nice new animation, Outlaw!

I can see all of your points. But they are a destructive mind control cult. It's not a regular religion. That's where tolerance needs to stop. I don't advocate tolerance of hate groups. And I don't advocate tolerance of destructive mind control groups either.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Well said, undercover! As dangerous as the Watchtower is, I am strongly against censorship and the limitation of religious freedom.

• flipper
    flipper

Good. I hope they eventually get banned in every country. They are a dangerous mind control cult. Wish they'd ban em' in the U.S. as well. The media needs more publicity put out about how dangerous the WT society actually is. The danger is in the subtelty of how they present the mind control

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So, Eiben, would it have been wrong for the government to ban Jim Jones's religon? Was it proper that they were given the opportunity to do what they did? How bout the Branch Dividians? Was it ok for the government to allow what was happening behind closed doors to keep going on there?

There's got to be a point where tolerance ends. I'm all for tolerance and freedom of speech. And I am against censorship. But when hatred comes into play, that is where I draw the line.

Do I think that Neo Nazis should be able to hold rallies and spout their hatred for blacks and jews? Absolutely not! I think that violates freedom of speech. There has to be a line.

• donuthole
    donuthole
    I don't advocate tolerance of hate groups. And I don't advocate tolerance of destructive mind control groups either.

And that is exactly the premise of the Russian government. The issue isn't one's right to freely practice their religion. The Russian constitution guarantees that but it is with the caveat that in your practice of religion you cannot interfere with the rights others to freely practice their own religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit