Why did God create humanity?

by XPeterX 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I believe some intelligence is behind all of this but I don't know what they/it wants or what we are exactly we could be for their/its amusement. I don't like that idea but this planet is very strange. It's a carnivorous place everything lives, breaks down and dies.

I have pursued many ideas all of them turned out to be incorrect so I don't know. I believe this planet will one day go the way of all planets and everything we see will be gone it would be nice if we could continue to exist in another realm or something but I'm tired of make believe I want proof.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I have a not so nice reason, and it is controversial so don't beat me up.

This is if you believe in extra-terrestrials. There is a theory that human beings were created as a 'slave' or worker class of beings to mine the earth for metals for these intelligent beings. Supposedly, they took the hominids that were already here and genetically altered them until they got something halfway-decent (which is what we supposedly are).

If this depressing theory is true, I would imagine the story of a benevolent god and religion was all set up to keep the savages in line.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Anything is possible.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Christianity generally just ignore said polls - after all, us evil non-theists wouldn't be consulted on a matter of such importance. We might start quoting facts about how God has seemingly IGNORED HUMANITY.

AK-Jeff, have you ever considered that you might be suffering from a mild persecution complex?

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Without Mexicans there would be no Tequila..

Or Tequila Fairies!!!!

BTS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Burns!!..

I know what I want for my Birthday!!

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Terry
    Terry

Terry:There came a moment in Jehovah's existence (free of time, space and context) when He had to consider what He would do with His eternal existence.

That statement only works for a being with a begining. Why would there be an interuption from something that has always been. You dont live for hundreds of billions of years and even feel the need for that interuption, so why would an always there being feel this need?

I think my point is we all just MAKE STUFF UP when we talk about "God".

The Bible writers sure did.

None of us (or anybody else) can know...anything.

So, we turn the little adjustment screw in our brainpan and "find" stuff to say about "God" that makes sense to us.

But--it is just jaw-jacking, really.

I think the idea of "beginning" is rather pointless in terms of the Universe OR God. God can BE the universe for all we "know".

• factfinder
    factfinder

Lots of interesting thoughts here!

I remember at the 1980 Divine Love Convention it was stated God became a creator because he wanted to share his love with us.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

What was God thinking when he created the female figure

He was thinking "I am going to distract NVL so he doesn't have time to conquer humanity"

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

If God exists before events he is at the starting gate of time waiting for the Big Bang. At the point of creation God is relative to man within a context of periodicity. Otherwise, He could not be said to be eternal.

Godammit Terry. That's honestly the simplest answser to the way I have been trying to figure out how to answer than. Awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit