Why did God create humanity?

by XPeterX 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Terry - you give the impression that you believe in this god called Jehovah and creation? This is not your usual style.

Personally I don't like to limit myself to one god. I have as many as I can invent and if they don't do my bidding, then I extinguish them. It's an old Roman habit.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Because he was lonely.

Maybe your question is why are we here?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Snowbird:You mean people are in charge of the earth?

According to the Bible, we are.

Then why was the earth created?

To sustain creature life.

Why had all these trillions of stars and galaxies been created if man is not in charge of them?

To bring glory to God.

What's the use of them?

To bring glory to God and show us how insignificant we are.

Why won't never be able to see/visit/make use of them?

Who says we won't?

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Why did God create humanity?

Because Love is not ever sterile.

Love is fecund.

BTS

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Burn the Ships:Then why didn't he just create spiritual creatures and had to create physical ones too?

• Terry
    Terry

Terry - you give the impression that you believe in this god called Jehovah and creation? This is not your usual style.

Personally I don't like to limit myself to one god. I have as many as I can invent and if they don't do my bidding, then I extinguish them. It's an old Roman habit.

When I was a boy I opened a file on my brain's hardrive labeled "god".

As a teen I became a JW and put the god file inside a larger file marked JEHOVAH.

As a disfellowshipped person exploring a greater context I placed the Jehovah file inside a larger folder marked METAPHYSICS.

As an older man who has abandoned the need for belief or faith as a bulwark against fear of death I have placed the Metaphysics file inside

of a yet larger envelope marked HYPOTHETICAL REALITY.

When I wish to discuss why "God" created humanity I can access that set of contexts and build upon the foundation of metaphysical logic (which is more of a set of parameters than logic) and write an organic set piece about Jehovah.

That's all.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I do not know.

The road that stretches before the feet of a man is a challenge to his heart long before it test the strength of his legs. Our destiny is to run to the edge of the world and beyond, off into the darkness: sure for all our blindness, secure for all our helplessness, strong for all our weakness, gaily in love for all the pressure on our hearts.

BTS

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Well I'd say let's leave poetry and alegories out of this thread.Burn the ships what you just said is a generalised answer which has nothing to do with my question.I can only accept your "I do not know" as an answer.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Well, that makes me a little sad.

I would like to point out, what is love without relationship?

It is only abstract, then.

The Universe is a gift to enjoy, and to also offer up in thanksgiving.

BTS

• MarcusScriptus
    MarcusScriptus

God does not exist in time. God transcends it.

According to Christian theology we as human beings live in what’s referred to as the “temporal realm” of existence. The theology teaches that change occurs on this plane of existence as we are bound by the dimensions of that in which we live. It also teaches, like science, that while always existent time is also relative.

This same theology teaches that God lives in a transcendent realm, called “eternity.” God is not bound by it since it is defined by God’s very existence. There is no space, no place, no time, no change. Future, present, and past are all one in that God transcends these very things.

This is another “Watchtowerism,” the teaching that God is also bound and tied up with time the way that Adventists are obsessed with it. It is has never been a teaching of Judaism or Christianity. The Christological view of existence on both planes is based on the ancient Hebrew.

This is why Scripture teaches that one day to YHWH is like a thousand years and also that while the heavens and earth will grow old, God will be able to ‘roll them up’ like one does with a garment for storage because God never changes.

This is also where the Watchtower teachings on heaven, hell, purgatory, paradise and other eschatological teachings fail because JW theology makes God subject to time and experience it as do humans. Even the JW view of celebrating Communion is warped due to this misunderstanding, leading to their one year and symbolism views.

Thus God never has had to contemplate eternity and being alone always in it. There is not past, present, or future for God. God himself Is, the very definition of Existence, of I AM. That is all defined by God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit