Why did God create humanity?

by XPeterX 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MarcusScriptus
    MarcusScriptus

If God is this benevolent being that so many throughout the centuries have testified, I believe it would be impossible for Someone who is the epitome of Good not to have created humanity.

If we are created in the image of this Benevolent One, then it is because the type of life God enjoys must truly be quite a wonderful thing to experience. Someone truly good would not keep something to himself if it was truly marvelous. If there was enough for everybody, this Good God could not avoid creating others with the intellect and the spiritual capacity to grasp and enjoy this life as he does without denying himself.

Like those of us born to parents who truly wanted us, we were created by Love, out of Love, for Love, and to Love. While not meaning to wax poetic and end up sounding like some kind of Sunday sermon, what I mean is that if God is real and truly the type of Person that religions and the Bible claim, then the answer is simple. We were created because God wanted us.

Because God is Love, we were thus created by God, out of God, for God, and believe it or not “to” God. In other words our ultimate finality is linked to possessing life as God does and with God. God is our Origin and God is our Destination.

Granted, not everyone believes this and I am not saying that others somehow should. I definitely do not look down or pity or dislike the atheist for not believing this either, nor is this meant to be a challenge to them or others with a differing view. I am merely stating that it doesn’t make sense for God, being who he is supposed to be and how he is supposed to be not to create us. Otherwise God would be selfish because he did not want to share this thing called life. On the contrary God not only gives us life he shares with us the essence of his very own.

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

I think from a psychological perspective the question would be why did humanity create Gods?

Science is my God now, suck it Jesus.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Whence science?

Syl

• StAnn
    StAnn

God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in the next.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Since most people here claim to be Christians then use the Bible as the basis of your answers.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Since most people here claim to be Christians then use the Bible as the basis of your answers.

I'm one of those claimants; I believe a word to the wise is in order: A "please" goes a long way.

Genesis 1:20 -23 God spoke: "Swarm, Ocean, with fish and all sea life!
    Birds, fly through the sky over Earth!"
    God created the huge whales,
    all the swarm of life in the waters,
    And every kind and species of flying birds.
    God saw that it was good.
    God blessed them: "Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Ocean!
    Birds, reproduce on Earth!"
    It was evening, it was morning—
    Day Five.

24 -25 God spoke: "Earth, generate life! Every sort and kind:
    cattle and reptiles and wild animals—all kinds."
    And there it was:
    wild animals of every kind,
    Cattle of all kinds, every sort of reptile and bug.
    God saw that it was good.

26 -28 God spoke: "Let us make human beings in our image, make them
    reflecting our nature
    So they can be responsible for the fish in the sea,
    the birds in the air, the cattle,
    And, yes, Earth itself,
    and every animal that moves on the face of Earth."
    God created human beings;
    he created them godlike,
    Reflecting God's nature.
    He created them male and female.
    God blessed them:
    "Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Earth! Take charge!
    Be responsible for fish in the sea and birds in the air,
    for every living thing that moves on the face of Earth." MSG

To take charge of Earth's affairs.

Syl

• MarcusScriptus
    MarcusScriptus

Why does the Bible have to be the basis for my answers? Are the religious systems of Judaism and Christianity founded on what was written in Scripture or was it not that the Scriptures were composed by members of these forms of worship, religious systems that already existed?

This is one of those “Watchtowerisms” that we have to learn to get rid of. Religion and religious thought are not based or founded on these writings as the Witnesses try to get people to think, but quite the opposite. These Sacred Texts are based on religious thought of the religions paradigms from which they originate.

If one follows the JW rule that religion must be based on Scripture to be true, then that means the Jews and Christians had to wait around until somebody wrote these texts. That scenario has people wandering around, stumbling into a book, reading it and saying: “Hey, let’s based a religion on what we find written here.” That sounds like Mormonism.

And if that was the case, who wrote them if they were written by Jews and Christians to begin with? How were they canonized since neither Old or New Testaments has instructions on how to do so or what books should make up the lists? If we had to wait for the Bible first, there would have been no Jews or Christians because Jews and Christians wrote the books.

No, one’s thoughts don’t have to originate from the Bible themselves to reflect Judeo-Christian thought. They only need to work in unison with them. It’s a living faith, not a dead one based on “proof-text” exercises like Gnosticism was. Always having to spout texts that most people on this board already know isn't necessary all the time.

The cart does not pull the horse. The horse pulls the cart.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

God has a strange sense of humour.

;)

• Terry
    Terry

The worst form of punishment (sans violence) one can endure is solitude.

The more intelligent you are___the greater the devastation in being isolated from all resonant minds but your own.

In a place where only your thoughts dwell and without any OTHER thing existing__is it even possible to think at all?

What would be the "topic" or object of thought? Only your SELF.

The psychological damage of such solitude is worth contemplating. Desperation might rise to the point where sanity isn't possible.

For there to be sanity there must be a "norm" and something with which to compare a deviation from it.

There came a moment in Jehovah's existence (free of time, space and context) when He had to consider what He would do with His eternal existence.

Suicide was not an option.

It becomes clear to us that creating company for Himself was thought 1.

I personally think we are God's television.

His consciousness is fractured into a billion personas; each actively engaged in its own context of existence and possibility.

For a Master Chessplayer, the game of chess is a world unto itself. Each possible move and its corollary reply extend into infinite space and plausible counterbalance.

I think Jehovah wanted to set before himself a game----a challenge----a puzzle that would be impossible to solve without testing the very limits of His own ingenuity.

Creating creatures who could think for themselves with autonomy and ego is certainly the best initial step in setting up a problem of insurgency, rebellion and defiant opposition.

How could reconcile these diverse potentialities, minds, wills and purposes with HIS OWN values when all is said and done?

I think mankind is God's game of chess and He has made up the rules as He has played.

In the days of Noah He swept most of the pieces off the board and started from scratch.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Terry:Your answer seems the most logical up to now.Snowbird:You mean people are in charge of the earth?Then why was the earth created?Why had all these trillions of stars and galaxies been created if man is not in charge of them?What's the use of them?Why won't never be able to see/visit/make use of them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit