For those poor sods still attending Meetings.....

by cantleave 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Tiki - I got that OKM - pmsl when I read that article - they taken away the right of the speaker / conductor to show any personality

• tiki
    tiki

outlaw....you are too much! hahaaaaaaaaaaa

• I quit!
    I quit!

With less people attending meetings all the time they could space the chairs further apart and in that way prevent any human contact from happening during the prayer.

• STILLINWANTOUT
    STILLINWANTOUT

i used to look around and watch everyone else...never shake hands at a hall...this is nose picking territory

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Two sisters near me hold hands during the prayer, don't know if that counts though!

George

Ed - Just to add they are not related sisters, and they are both widows.

I've seen a line of 3 or 4 widows holding hands or linking arms during the prayer - and mothers and kids hugging (sure, I peek). Nobody in my local congo is taking a blind bit of notice of the WT article's 'counsel' as far as I can see, acting like they did beforehand - and good on 'em!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think this will be one of those pieces of wise counsel from the FDS that will never be mentioned again and with a year or two completely forgotten.

• pirata
    pirata

Ignored. Because no one our hall is stumbled by hand-holding and most people have their eyes closed.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

"on another note, i had the inestimable priviledge of viewing the october kingdumb ministry...in which there is a most enlightening article written apparently with sensitivity to the minimal IQ factors....in which they define various "parts" of the service meeting. First, there is a "talk". This is what a speaker does standing on the platform and the audience just listens. A "question and answer" part involves certain questions being posed to the audience. The audience may respond when called upon and parrot back whatever the "answer" is. Seriously....are they all brain dead???? How can they stand the stupidity???"

Love this comment - makes me think of how they would pick apart a paragraph in the KM and look for, and get, answers ad infinitum/ad nauseum on the same paragraph, pointless little blurbs of garbage. Minimal IQ factors is so right - everything is tailored to low IQ, including the admonishment to not hold hands during prayer.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    i had the inestimable priviledge of viewing the october kingdumb ministry

When I read that I thought my IQ had dipped into single figures again as I couldn't find it! It's actually in the September issue, Page 2.

George

• sweet
    sweet

OH MY GOODNESS!! are you serious??? i would love to have that kingdom ministry or a link to it or something...if supposedly EVERYONE is having their eyes closed why would this even come up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit