Elders (Current and Former), JCs and Qs

by laverite 11 Replies latest jw friends

• laverite
    laverite

I'm thinking of SweetBabyCheezits and his wife right now...Started wondering about not only their situation but also related situations. Then I started thinking about our esteemed elders on this board.

You gotta wonder, at these JCs for "apostasy," if any of the elders that sit in judgement have concerns/questions about the bOrg of their own. Did any of our current or former elders on here ever have some uncomfortable situations on JCs where you were DFing someone for "apostasy" yet you knew the brother or sister was actually 100% correct? Any elders on here ever DF anyone for apostasy while you are, yourself, an "apostate?"

If you haven't had that situation yet, have you ever thought of how you might deal with DFing someone in the future accused of being an "apostate" (esp. if they're accused of posting on JWN...?

Thoughts?

-LV

P.S. I dearly love all of our elders on here and have PMd a couple of you...so you know I love ya. So I see both the "accused" and the conscious class elder as being/having been victims of the bOrg...This isn't meant in any way as negative against any of our elders on here.

• laverite
    laverite

P.P.S. I posted this here as I did NOT want to hijack SweetBabyCheezits' thread. Love and respect to you and your wife SBC!!! ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

• cantleave
    cantleave

Laverite - the one time I was involved in an apostacy case, I just ignored everthing I heard from the accused.

When we DF'd him, I really felt I was doing Jehovah's work, keeping the congregation clean and pure.

It was until I started my exit that all the stuff he said was recalled, I investigated the things he said, and guess what?.......

He was right!

• laverite
    laverite

Wow, cantleave. I got goosebumps. That must have been a really weird feeling to realize that this guy had been right. It would be a trip for you to someday chat with him about that.

LV

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'd love too, mainly to apologise for being such an officious git, but don't know where he is now.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Thank Jah, no i have not ever had to sit on a judicial case based on the A... now...knowing what I know... I would recuse myself on some made up grounds.. I couldn't sit on it under any circumstances

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'd love too, mainly to apologise for being such an officious git, but don't know where he is now.

I bet it would bring a tear to his eye, and mine too.

-Sab

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Thank Jah, no i have not ever had to sit on a judicial case based on the A... now...knowing what I know... I would recuse myself on some made up grounds.. I couldn't sit on it under any circumstances

Me neither. I wouldn't do it. My conscience would get the best of me on that. I still struggle with a measure of guilt every time I click the submit tab on this forum. To sit in on an apostacy case with the potential to ruin someone's life, knowing what I know, and posting on here...........I'd rather die. I just couldn't live with myself after doing something like that. I mean that, I'd rather die. Another thread dealt with a similar theme along the lines of being a company man yet being an undercover apostate too. Several including myself mentioned that there's limits to the amount of hypocrisy you can openly display in the name of spiritual subterfuge, for lack of a better term. We've got families we're trying to salvage too. Some of us agree with many things in WT land. At the same time, there's limits to what we'll support, and if push came to shove on a judicial case of apostacy, I'd personally have to excuse myself. I just couldn't do that. I'd have the self esteem of Judas Iscariot if I took part in something like that.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I also have come to the conclusion that i will not, under any circumstances vote to DF either. its not much but its the best i can do right now.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

If I ever have a JC I will request you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit