Do Some JWs Go to Heaven?

by leavingwt 61 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

debator,

I'm not questioning YOUR love of Christ. YOUR personal relationship with Christ, whatever it may be, is sufficient for YOU, and I'm not saying YOU'RE not a Christian.

What I'm trying to get you to understand is that I could not love Christ in the way I was sure He wanted me to in the WT organization. Again: Can't pray to Jesus, can't really talk to Jesus, can't have a true personal, intimate relationship with him, can't partake of communion unless you're "anointed", Christ is not your mediator if you're not "anointed", can't REALLY call him your Lord and Saviour without other JWs looking at you like you're from Mars, you can only come to Christ through the Faithful Slaveful Discreetfuls, obey us obey us obey us trust us trust us trust us don't think don't think don't think.

I do not believe that was what Christ wanted for ME. Maybe it's what He wanted for YOU.

• agonus
    agonus

And yes, when I finally started reading the bible without the aid of Officially Sanctioned Publications, things became a lot clearer for me. The Pharisees were the forerunners of the Faithful Discreet Antitypical Governing Body Remnant Slave Class.

• agonus
    agonus

I could not be both a Christian and a "Jehovah's Witness". It was one or the other. Maybe some people can, but I could not. I wouldn't have been true to the voice of Christ if I continued to try to be both.

• debator
    debator

Agonus,

Jesus is the way to Jehovah! Your appeal was noticiable for it's lack of reference to Jehovah. for me Jesus was a real person with real instructions to follow in accord with his father's will.

It is tempting for some to try and make it a choice between Jesus and Jehovah but it isn't! Jehovah sent us Jesus his son to reconcile us to himself to to replace himself.

Jesus himself was the faithful witness to his father so in being a Jehovah's witness I am only following the pattern set by Jesus himself.

Revelation 1:5
    ... and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness,.

Revelation 1:6

6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father

While heavenly reward is something certain people desire, I myself do not seek it. I read the Bible and the annointed remnant is a strong biblical theme which I'm quite satisfied that our understanding is correct on.

For heaven to be the only reward for mankind as a doctrine would make large parts of the bible ridiculus even Jesus's own words. "the meek will inherit the earth" "your will done on earth as it is in heaven"

You obviously are very commited to your form of belief but for me even by using any bible translation, Jehovah's witnesses teachings from God's word are the most consistent.

You are completely ignoring how structured the Early Christians themselves were. Distributing written publications ( some inspired, some not) to all congregations so they all believed in unity. Setting up elders, Overseers, making decisions for the whole. Those decisions being held as final. You falsely imply the wrongdoing is simply being organised with shepherds when the bible clearly shows this is what we are supposed to be like.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
    In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

2 Thessalonians 3:14
    If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.

Most of Pauls letters reflect the practicality of keeping the congregations unified he didn't say "worship Jesus and your okay" but gave full explicit intructions on all parts of daily life as Christians, specifically the organisation of the congregations for our protection knowing we would need this as a defence against what was to come.

I see around me fulfillment of what the Bible predicts that the love of the greater has cooled off, division... having no natural agreement.

I sometimes think I must be reading a different Bible when I see how hardworking and seriously the Apostles took setting up the congregations and preaching work, shepherding the Flock, rebuking, encouraging, caring.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

I sometimes think I must be reading a different Bible when I see how hardworking and seriously the Apostles took setting up the congregations and preaching work, shepherding the Flock, rebuking, encouraging, caring.

My reply: You do! You read the New World Mis-Translation.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I'm with Agonus. Coming to recognize The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc. as not being God's earthly corporation organization, there are just too many reasons one can't be a Christian and a Witness at the same time.

Can the faith of an indoctrinated Witness that believes it is the truth be acceptable to God? I leave the judging to Jesus.

Can the faith of someone hiding his Christian identity to remain a JW be acceptable to God? Again, Jesus is the one who reads the heart, but according to scripture, to me this would be a more precarious situation than the other.

... and then of course there is this, which most JW's do not do

(John 6:53-56) 53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Wannabefree, I would think one being/becoming a Christian would, at the very least, ultimately get one booted out of the organization. I can not imagine a Christian putting 'on the backburner' issues they know to be wrong and continuing to preach as truth what they know to be lies. If a JW expresses their views contrary to the organization's teachings they will not remain in the org.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Isaacaustin: I agree. I guess I am speaking to my current inner turmoil. Still attending the meetings I realize I have to be silent about my beliefs and I can't go along with much of what is taught, therefore, can I really be a Christian with what I know now? On the other hand, if my wife still believes and acts according to her conscience, is she not a Christian? Thats what I am having a problem grasping.

If I don't follow my conscience now, am I accused? If my wife believes the JW teachings are correct and therefore follows her conscience, is she excused?

(Romans 2:15-16) 15 They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused. 16 This will be in the day when God through Christ Jesus judges the secret things of mankind, according to the good news I declare.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Wannabefree, that is a tough question to answer. I believe your wife is sincere and truly believes that the only way to follow God is thru the organization. At the same time, I am sure you feel the sting while being at the meetings and being stifled. Sad how the organization does this.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    That we are warned that different Jesus's and Gospels would be taught, showing clearly the bible's recognition that we would have to search for the truth among the false at this time. Witnesses have the truth about Jehovah God through his son Jesus and no other flock with their chosen gods and beliefs has this.

Yes and the WT is notorious in spreading false messages such as jesus being an angel, being created, and that there are annoited ones other than Jesus who is the ONLY Christ.

Separating oneselves from Jehovah's flock is utterly at odds with all Jesus taught and established!

There is only ONE flock and that is the flock that follows Jesus and as per acts, " is witness (to Jesus) to the ends of the world".

The JW have made it clear that the follow an organization that inserts its self between man and Jesus, they follow the rules of this man-mand and man-led organization, even if they go against the teachinsg of Jesus and the Love of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit