Do Some JWs Go to Heaven?

by leavingwt 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Since I left JWs, I sure do love leaving ALL judgement up to God. Obviously, God is more forgiving than people. Even those poor Indians in the jungle with their bows and arrows may only be protecting their lives and families in the huts from the monster-mosquitos trying to come and suck the blood out of them and their families. Sometimes, it's a "forgive them for they know not what they do."

I've become a simple(ton) Christian. The kind I that, as a JW, drove me crazy, that believed just to love God & neighbor, try to be good as can be type. Now, I believe, my JW mom (died '70, cancer) went to heaven, the better place, and was delightfully surprised, as she believed in only the JW earthly hope.

I think we will all be surprised, as how is it possible that any of us have it exactly right/accurate? In the meantime, I believe if I work my day-to- day life with love, joy and peace (for others but also for me within), it will work out.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Gayle:

I've become a simple(ton) Christian. The kind I that, as a JW, drove me crazy, that believed just to love God & neighbor, try to be good as can be type.

Gayle, that sounds like a good way to live, IMHO. Carry on.

• debator
    debator

Hi psacra

Seeing Jesus as our lord and saviour is something witnesses do. So in that way we agree. But it isn't Just about Jesus. Jesus didn't come to reveal himself, Jesus is the way to his Father Jehovah.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

If someone says they see and believe in Jesus then surely they would believe what he actually taught about his father Jehovah?

That we are warned that different Jesus's and Gospels would be taught, showing clearly the bible's recognition that we would have to search for the truth among the false at this time. Witnesses have the truth about Jehovah God through his son Jesus and no other flock with their chosen gods and beliefs has this.

Separating oneselves from Jehovah's flock is utterly at odds with all Jesus taught and established!

John 10:16
    I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

John 21:16
    Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."

1 Peter 5:2
    Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve;

All I have seen on this thread is people avoiding acknowledging this basic bible fact of unity among Jehovah's flock through his son Jesus and this would be a seeable thing or else why ask us to do it? if it was impossible?

It is a cop-out to say belief in God is enough and just avoid digging deeper! anyone can believe in a god but recognition of the one true God Jehovah takes hard work and effort. If it was easy I would be worried! because the bible clearly indicates that is not the case in this time were the love of the greater has cooled off from Jehovah.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    It is a cop-out to say belief in God is enough and just avoid digging deeper! anyone can believe in a god but recognition of the one true God Jehovah takes hard work and effort. If it was easy I would be worried! because the bible clearly indicates that is not the case in this time were the love of the greater has cooled off from Jehovah.

Have you even read that passage lately?

It's not about Jehovah. It's about Jesus & false Christs & false prophets (is that profits?)

There are many warnings in that chapter that are about the WT/Mormons/Moonies/etc ...... and you're not listening.

Chuck your Watchtowers out and go buy a half decent Bible and just sit down and read it using good English grammar. You don't need some high control cult leader explaining it to you. Use your own brain for a change.

• agonus
    agonus

Black Sheep,

Even the WT's crappy NWT - if you read it without the blinders on - can lead you to the truth and love of Christ. Trust me on this one.

• debator
    debator

Hi agonus

What makes our love of Christ so unacceptable to you? be honest?

As A witnesses I think we do love Jesus nearly as much as Jehovah his Father our God!

We honour and love Jesus as our king, lord, saviour, redeemer, head of the flock, high priest, Son of God Jehovah and so many more. What makes that so valueless to you?

If your really honest it's always about who people worship as God with every religion! Witnesses are considered unfit by Christendom because we only worship his Father as Almighty God Jehovah.

When I looked into many religions It really does simply boil down to who they recognise as God.

In numerous conversations with self-confessed Christians from various denominations that I've had. I have really gone for their understanding on this point. "What makes witnesses love of Jesus not acceptable enough to make them Christians to you?" and although it's like pulling teeth they always finally admit it's about not worshiping or recognising Jesus as God.

Hi blacksheep

What are you discussing? You opinion that we are among the false Christs is only indicative of your opinion read into that bible scripture warning about false Christs.

• clarity
    clarity

"John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Debator - what is it that you do not understand about the scripture you have quoted & even bolded!!

"No one comes to the Father except THROUGH ME.`- NOT the WATCHTOWER ORG or any other organization - THROUGH JESUS!! ONLY!

Now, if you`ve finnished counting time, go have a nice day.

• debator
    debator

Hi clarity

We understand that scripture very well and fully recognise Jesus as the way to Jehovah. What you don't understand is that accepting Shepherds with authority given by him is an established Bible fact by Jesus himself. They are not replacing Jesus only doing the job he assigned them until his return.

Matthew 24:44-46 (New International Version)

44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45 "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns.

People use Jesus as an excuse to reject the authoritive structure within the flock but Jesus put this in place through his apostles and early congregations onwards.

1 Thessalonians 4:2
    For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

Romans 12:8
    if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

Like I said recognising Jesus as the way to Jehovah is one thing doing what he actually instructed us to do is another.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

leavingwt

I don't want to put words in your mouth, so I'll ask a specific question: If a person is given saving faith by God, would he or she remain in the WT organization?

I don't know why they would stay in (possibly to influence loved ones maybe), but, saving faith in God, wouldn't include FAITH in the WT or any other organization.

debator

Romans 9:16 is part of Paul's inspired words concerning the inclusion of the gentiles as God's people to partake of his mercy/undedeserved kindness by faith in the one true God Jehovah. It not advocating spining off into all different divisive directions of belief to different Gods and somehow still being acceptable.

Don't you know it's rude to put words in people's mouth? I never said or implied anything of the sort. On what basis do you think YOU are "acceptable"? Your DESIRE or YOUR EFFORT?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Hi clarity
    We understand that scripture very well and fully recognise Jesus as the way to Jehovah.
    What you don't understand is that accepting Shepherds with authority given by him is an established Bible fact by Jesus himself.
    They are not replacing Jesus only doing the job he assigned them until his return......Reniaa/Debator

Is Jesus on Vacation?..

Does the WBT$ have a note from Jesus,saying the WBT$ are replacing him?..

While he goes on tour with ACDC..

PRZ-000904_T.JPG

Or..

Did the WBT$ pull this out of their Ass,just like they do everything else?..

And..

Your just Mindlessly Repeating it..

Awake-35.gif picture by GeneralWaco

............................. ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit