Tame animals in the New System ™

by brotherdan 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mythbuster
  • Mythbuster
  • elderelite
    elderelite

Alice, you still are not paying attention dear.. synthesizing protein dosent answer the real delima... synthesize from WHAT? sunshine? you clearly dont believe this yourself and thats fine. i always enjoy it when someone plays the other side of the issue. for a minute you had me scared...

I vote for they dont understand that they contradict, BTW

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Funny .. I clung to the "tame tigers I can play with" picture for sooo long.

and yet the pictures of "perfect life" with no conflict ... seem so fake now. Floating around through our days playing piano and petting tigers .... Really? How can we be so disconnected with the reality of life and work and the way things are? It's as bad as the picture JWs paint to "Christendom" - are you just going to heaven to sit on a cloud and play harps? Are you just going to sit on earth and pet tigers?

I still want to pet a tiger... but my picture of "perfect" life is so much more realistic and satisfying now.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Fish are friends not food!!!!

That's the tagline for the New System™!!!!

PS: Vanilla is totally right. Next time a JW comes to your door and asks what you will do in heaven and then shows their hope for paradise earth, ask them, "Is leaving on paradise earth merely sitting and petting tigers?" EVERY picture of the New System™ has people....SITTING AROUND PETTING TIGERS!!! It's so true!

• new light
    new light

With out any predators, every species will (generally) continue to increase until they run out of their particular food source unless they adapt to eat other vegetation.

Imagine a world teeming with all the animals nature can possibly support, overcrowding the earth and encroaching on human life quality in ways we can not predict.

I suppose there must be some sort of divine reproductive intervention to make this plan work. Perhaps this could be mentioned in their next sciency book, one along the lines of the creation book.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Don't give them any ideas, New Light....2012 will have a new publication to be released because of you...

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Protein synthesis is explained here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_biosynthesis

Amino acids are the monomers that are polymerized to produce proteins. Amino acid synthesis is the set of biochemical processes (metabolic pathways) that build the amino acids from carbon sources like glucose.

Many organisms have the ability to synthesize only a subset of the amino acids they need. Adult humans, for example, need to obtain 10 of the 20 amino acids from their food.

Cows have a complex digestive system that allows them to synthesize protein from pretty much anything they eat.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Oh dear... Alice is now the resident biologist via wikipedia!

• TD
    TD
    Cows have a complex digestive system that allows them to synthesize protein from pretty much anything they eat.

Except for straw, as any farm boy (or girl) could tell you.

Seriously though. Artiodactyls have long rows of hypsodont molar-form ever-growing teeth. The jaw is articulated to move in a very pronounced side to side motion to further facilitate the grinding action. Artiodactyls are ruminants with multi chambered stomachs which means that food is chemically broken down in the rumen for a few hours and then regurgitated for further mechanical breakdown by chewing. The process is repeated over and over until the bolus sinks in the fluid of the rumen and is passed to the next chamber. (Varies by species) The rumen in cattle holds about 25 gallons of fluid and hosts the bacteria necessary for the breakdown of cellulose. Rumination occupies 35 to 40 percent of the waking activity of cattle. The small intestine ratio of cattle is about 20 to 1. In other words, the small intestine are twenty times the length of the animal.

That is what it takes for an animal to process low quality vegetation

Contrast that with the digestion of a cat. Cats don't have hypsodont teeth. They don't have ever-growing teeth. Their cheek teeth are not molar-form; the cranial and mandibular members form interlocking carnassial pairs. Because of the fact that these teeth interlock well before the jaw closes, cats cannot actually chew their food. Cats swallow their food whole. The function of the teeth is not to chew as we understand the term, but to cut the food into pieces small enough to be swallowed. Cats have single chambered stomachs and a small intestine ratio of about 2 to 1. Cats cannot digest cellulose. The ingestion of low quality vegetation actually causes gastric upset and induces vomiting which is why your cat (Or dog) will eat grass when it feels the need to vomit. Cats cannot synthesize taurine which is an essential amino acid not found in plant life. Without taurine, a cat will die in a matter of weeks.

Both Cattle and Cats have a digestive system that is absolutely perfect for the type of food they consume. To deny that this sort of complex interdependent design was the conscious act of a Creator is to embrace evolution with open arms.

Don't misunderstand, I don't have a problem with embracing evolution with open arms. It just strikes me as weird that someone who advocates creation wouldn't realize that they are going down this path.

If God exists, he is proud of His creation the way it is, not the way Witnesses would recreate it in the image of Walt Disney

"Can you hunt prey for a lion itself and can you satisfy the lively appetite of young lions? When they crouch in the hiding places or keep lying in the covert for an ambush?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit