Tame animals in the New System ™

by brotherdan 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

If this is a future fulfillment that takes place in the New System, then why does the new testament say nothing about peace with literal animals?

• elderelite
    elderelite

OMG that awake...is....beyond belief. if that isn't the biggest load of shit I have ever read... I'd sooner accept overlapping generations than that load. I'm too young to remember that article thank God.

• TD
    TD

It's also curious that things which very clearly violate the idea of an all vegetarian ecology are regularly praised as evidence of a wise Creator:

For example, the September 8, 2005 Awake! showed the oxpecker bird. This bird eats parasites off the back of large ungulates and in return, warns them of danger.

The same issue also mentioned the cleaner fish, which enters the mouth and gills of sharks and feeds on parasites and diseased tissue.

The April 22 1988 Awake! described the anemone shrimp, which is protected from predators by living on the sea anomone and in return, cleans up scraps of the tissue of the anemone's victims.

The 1977 book Life Does Have a Purpose spoke of the "natural sanitation squad" made up of "insects, microorganisms and larger animals" which among other things, "dispose of the carcasses of dead animals."

Either some of the writers realize that the whole idea is ridiculous or they honestly aren't thinking things through thoroughly enough to realize when they're contradicting themselves.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Carnivores synthesize their own vitamin C, which is virtually absent in meat and dairy products; herbivores obtain their vitamin C from plant foods in which it is abundant. Protein synthesis exists in herbivores. If humans can get everything they need from a non-meat diet, animals can to.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

But TD, you are forgetting that the genetic make up will be instantly changed in the new system. There will be no need for cleaner fish. The parasites will have their lifespan genetically shortened and die early so that the shark can be self cleaned...or...er...they will eat the parasite themselves...er....then...the cleaner fish will then eat the...corals...and then...um....sharks will eat...dirt...or...and...you see...it's likely...that...um....

Won't the new world be great?!? Let's talk about the trinity!

• St George of England
    St George of England

So, in the New System those roaming lions and tigers are not going to eat me but are sure going to make a mess of my vegatable garden!

George

• sir82
    sir82
    they honestly aren't thinking things through thoroughly enough to realize when they're contradicting themselves.

This one gets my vote.

Since when has "thinking" been a prerequisite for being a WT writer?

I think, if pressed, the WT writers would allow for insects to eat other insects, and even big fish to eat small fish, in the new system.

I think their principal take on new system killing would be to eliminate "stuff that would make my 9 year old daughter go 'ewwww' or make her cry if she saw it happening."

The 9 year old girl would never see sharks eating, for example, so that would be OK.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Carnivores synthesize their own vitamin C, which is virtually absent in meat and dairy products;

So God made Carnivores with the ability to synthesize their own vitamin C?

Why? (if he intended them not to be carnivores?)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It's almost as if they play on society's taboos. I find it facinating when I'm watching some sort of discovery show or animal planet show and they refuse to show a predators kill. Or if they are showing people on a safari and they are disgusted by what a lion is doing to a zebra or elephant. We like to pretend that we live in a fantasy world where these things don't happen. But it's nature. It was always supposed to be this way. But the WT steps in and says, it was not supposed to be this way. Won't it be great when we won't see horrible things like this? It's a wonderful fantasy for children, but I'm not convinced that it is even physically possible.

The WT wants us to think that SATAN made the animals this way?!? It's a joke. Satan created the food chain? Wha?!?!?

• Mythbuster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit