According to the WT Study this past Sunday, questioning the Slave is equivalent to questioning God & Jesus.

by miseryloveselders 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The letter is scanned into Crisis of Conscience pages 341 and 342. It is a true and official letter defining apostasy as holding beliefs contrary to the Borg.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't realize that it is extremely dangerous to obey anyone without thinking, since they could well be wrong. Like the generation teaching--and "the sower" is the publisher. Both are blatantly wrong--the Bible clearly identifies Jesus as "the sower", and I can find no evidence that Jesus meant that there would be a relay race between two or more generations.

Other things that are blatantly wrong: Banning Christmas and holidays. Luke 2:10-14 describes in some detail the first Christmas celebration--in heaven, by perfect angels no less! (Along with other scriptures that tell us that holidays should be strictly conscience matters.) This goes for birthdays--the two that the witlesses mention, where someone's head got cut off for someone else's birthday, are not the only ones in the Bible (Jesus' birthday celebration, the first Christmas, is also mentioned and no one got their heads cut off for that one.)

"Not forsaking the gathering of ourselves". They harp on attending all the boasting sessions, using this scripture. Yet, when they gather to really encourage each other (think: Parties), the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts its foot down on it.

All the stupid rules about dating. Even if one were to go by the Bible, we see nowhere in the Bible that says that we must stay strictly within the congregation. "Only in the Lord" would mean that people should have fairly compatible beliefs; if not, there is bound to be unnecessary strife (unless one or both of the partners is willing to compromise, which would be a good idea anyways). It doesn't explicitly tell us that we need to stay within the one religion. Additionally, they make extra rules--taking away all the social parties, assigning seats in many a$$emblies (which I think will get worse as they start assigning congregations their designated sections), and the hounders that put themselves between would-be couples. They might think someone is too "weak" to marry, or make you wait an indefinite amount of time after someone is baptized so someone else can take it out from under your feet.

There are even more stupid rules about what goes on in the bedroom once you are married. There are a good many articles about masturbation and oral sex--including ones in the Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work book. None of them are explicitly mentioned in the Bible.

Even the rule about mandatory field circus is not in the Bible. And, where in the Bible does it say that everyone should be a teacher? Or a pio-sneer? Nowhere--in fact, the Bible explicitly says that not everyone should be teachers. Each has their own "gift", and this should be upheld. For instance, you might see one person with a gift with animals along with one person with a gift for construction. Would you expect both to be equally adept at building the barn? Or dealing with a poisonous snake? I don't think so. Neither should everyone be expected to pio-sneer or to teach.

• Lets Think
    Lets Think

What is completely lost sight of in FDS’s rant in paragraph 15 page 6 July 15 th Watchtower is the fact the many do not have an issue with the FDS keeping on the watch. Matt 24:42 or keeping Jehovah’s day close in mind 2Pet 3:11. It’s not at all that some have “become cynical about the reminders concerning the need to stay awake”. It’s the fact that they have told us for decades that the end is imminent, very soon etc. It’s the fact that deadlines have been made and blown through. Keeping on “The Watch” is a fairly quiet job. A watchman does not stand on the walls of the castle screaming I see the infidel’s I see the infidel’s they are coming and then have nothing happen. They don’t say the infidels will attack before my grandmother dies. Or the infidels will attack before someone who met my grandmother when she was very old will die.

What we have heard “For Decades” is the statements, inferences and deadlines that the end is months away and that they have special knowledge. So the Decades go by and we wake up and go, you don’t have a clue when the end is coming and the bible even tells us you would not have a clue.

Its not god and Jesus being criticized , they did not make deadlines, or make promises on timing. It was not god and Jesus that told my now dead grandparents that they would not die in is system, that I would not finish high school. I so wish they would just say look, we are unsure of the timing of events we are really sorry that we have mislead so many of you on this, we will just leave it Gods hands.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

What is completely lost sight of in FDS’s rant in paragraph 15 page 6 July 15 th Watchtower is the fact the many do not have an issue with the FDS keeping on the watch. Matt 24:42 or keeping Jehovah’s day close in mind 2Pet 3:11. It’s not at all that some have “become cynical about the reminders concerning the need to stay awake”. It’s the fact that they have told us for decades that the end is imminent, very soon etc. It’s the fact that deadlines have been made and blown through. Keeping on “The Watch” is a fairly quiet job. A watchman does not stand on the walls of the castle screaming I see the infidel’s I see the infidel’s they are coming and then have nothing happen. They don’t say the infidels will attack before my grandmother dies. Or the infidels will attack before someone who met my grandmother when she was very old will die.

What we have heard “For Decades” is the statements, inferences and deadlines that the end is months away and that they have special knowledge. So the Decades go by and we wake up and go, you don’t have a clue when the end is coming and the bible even tells us you would not have a clue.

Its not god and Jesus being criticized , they did not make deadlines, or make promises on timing. It was not god and Jesus that told my now dead grandparents that they would not die in is system, that I would not finish high school. I so wish they would just say look, we are unsure of the timing of events we are really sorry that we have mislead so many of you on this, we will just leave it Gods hands.

I've always said to myself that Jesus said to keep on the watch, but he didn't say hold your breath at the same time. Yet that's exactly what this publishing company fronting itself as God's mouthpiece wants us to do. They put their hands around your throat and everytime you need some air, they offer you their own oxygen. Then they suffocate you some more, and repeat the process. Their warnings and knife in the back kind of encouragement burn you out to the point of traumatic stress disorder. It's emotionally exhausting and physically draining trying to do their bidding. When you wake up and try to step back, here they come with a knife that has an inscription on it that says "encouragement." If you have the fortitude to resist their knife, they have gun that shoots blanks. The blanks sound something like warnings from God and His Son when you hear them. So in fear of the blanks, you respond to their encouragement, and allow them to wrap their hands back around your throat one last time.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

wow!

so now they are not even allowed to say '' this message had been around along time...''

flashing red lights and sirens for thought control!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit