need to get over it but cant :(

by bez 26 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'm not going to lie, it's hard to lose all you friends and watch your kids struggle losing their's but it does get better. Get them involved in sports and school activities you'll make new friends and so will they.

Just give it some time and try not to let it break you..that's what they want. They want to see you broken and sad.

I'm now getting calls from some of the same ones that stepped away when we stopped going to meetings because they are now inactive and facing the same thing.

• bez
    bez

I'm now getting calls from some of the same ones that stepped away when we stopped going to meetings because they are now inactive and facing the same thing.

Thats what i call 'karma'!

One day the same thing may happen to people who treat me this way too, and i would definatly be there for them as it is sad, and a tough thing to deal with.

Sad that these ones are so conditioned into thinking that by treating people this way they are actually 'helping them back to the truth'!!!! wrong and more like bribary in my eyes!

• elderelite
    elderelite
    "i think that *** should move out, he cant live here anymore if he is disfellowshipped".... :( How wrong is that!!
    It is so wrong that it is denied on their own official public website for all to see.

sheep, I dont want to hijack a thread but what do you mean?

• bez
    bez

i think what is meant by that, is that this kind of approach to someone being disfellowshipped (shunning) is not made known of on the 'official JW website' and it should be so people who are looking at it know what they are getting themselves into if they dedicate their lives to this org.

• Pat_4037
    Pat_4037

A special Christian Lady, Corrie tenBoom, once said:

Look about and be distressed,

Look within and be depressed,

Look to God and be at rest.

Remember that Peter only began to sink when he took his eys off Jesus and looked at the sea and the waves.

May God keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

Blessings - Pat

• bez
    bez

thanks Pat

• Ding
    Ding

Bez,

You wrote, "i just am really struggling to deal with it without feeling like i have a disease that they do not want to catch."

That's how the Watchtower WANTS you to feel.

Please realize that the problem is with THEM, not with you.

True friendship isn't conditional. Prov. 17:17

Theirs is.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has done this to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit