need to get over it but cant :(

by bez 26 Replies latest jw friends

• bez
    bez

I text my little girls friends mum today as her daughter left some clothes (funnily enough, they were army pants and a t shirt, what ever happened to not supporting the army by not wearing calmoflage print etc!!!).. I told her i would put them in a bag and told her she could call in for them whenever she was passing..

Anyway i just had my reply, Hi, just keep them, *** will be out of them by next year anyway, so *** may as well just have them. hope your all ok...x

So i take it thats her in basic words sayin... keep them cus i dont want to see you again and your apostate influence..

I knew people would take this approach to our decision to not continue going to the meetings but i just am really struggling to deal with it without feeling like i have a disease that they do not want to catch :(

• StAnn
    StAnn

bez, you DO have a disease that they don't want to catch. It's called sanity. You now know the truth about the Troof and you'd better believe it is contagious. Deep inside, she knows this and fears you.

As hard as it is to do this, don't take it personally. This is the JW knee jerk reaction to any perceived threat and pretty much everybody here on JWN is a perceived threat to the JDubs. We've all been through it and some continue to go through it.

Chin up. Eventually you come to expect it and aren't so blindsided by it. In time, it hurts less.

{{{{{}}}}}

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't blame yourself for their bad behaviour. They are the ones that need to 'get over it'.

Cheers

Chris

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

It is a hard fact that you will be shunned and even though you think you are prepared for it, it still comes as a bitter shock.

My friend (and her husband) of 27 years didn't bother to let me know she had been rushed into hospital. I found out from my Son-I-L who is friends with her Son-I-L. When I txt her and asked if she was better, all she was concerned with was how I knew she had been ill :( Seems like it was a big secret, but only from me.

Yeah it does hurt so here's some (((((hugs)))). You don't get over it, but you will get better at it.

• bez
    bez

Thanks everyone and lol st ann, i really did think it was sanity..but they make you feel like shit!

I know time is a healer but like you said thenoblelodge, its still a bitter shock when faced with it... :(

I cant believe these people actually believe the are 'imitating' christ... HOW WRONG!!!!

• Pat_4037
    Pat_4037

I will pray that God will help you get "over it" and move on into the joy of knowing him and the freedom you've won. God will turn your negative into a positive. Others will be helped because of your suffering they will know you were once there and God delivered you. Remember too that Jesus' friends all deserted him and Peter even denied him. At his lowest point Jesus even felt that God had forsaken him. But for the joy of knowing that sinful man would be reconcilled to God, Jesus endured the suffering. May God strengthen you.

Blessings Pat

• bez
    bez

Aww thank you Pat

I keep praying too

• chickpea
    chickpea

dont let them distract you from how
    totally awesome a real life can be....

rather than getting over their nastiness,
    bumfuzzle them and get on with "it",
    your genuine wonderful LIFE!!!

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

It's not nice bez i agree, i just genuinely feel sorry for them. I literally just a passed a jw 'friend' of mine. He tried his best to ignore me but i wouldn't let him. It gets easier to cope with, i just laugh now. Best wishes.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Not to take up for a Dub but how does: "your kid can keep my kid's clothes" become "I'm being shunned and persecuted?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit