Ft. Lauderdale (Griffin Rd.) Assembly Hall

by pubtruth 20 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Could you imagine the auditor actually calling Bethel that day or the eve before and the Governing Body flipping into emergency mode to start praying over the matter to get Jehovah's help? Can you?

They are going to do what they need to do, but to lay a guilt trip on everybody as if it is because they didn't donate enough yesterday or this morning- that's just terrible.

• whereami
    whereami

I used to go to that one. Remember it well.

I hope they loose money on it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

money, money, money!!!

what about possible converts wanting to come to the closest places? (when the JWs give out invitation to the place?)

I guess those possible converts are not really needed. cash is more important

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Do they expect the rank and file to believe that the decision to sell was because there was a temporary deficit?

What a load of bunko.

They want to sell, that is the deal. It is always cheaper for them to remodel if they want.

That is shameless.

They obviously had decided to sell before they even announced this.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I helped build that ASSembly Hall! Actually, the teenagers I went with...we all sat in someone's car and listened to Rat "Round anI'm d Round" and Prince "Purple Rain" Both were not on the JW list of most acceptable music! I can't remember if we were just lazy teenagers or if there was nothing to do. I remember going into the Hall to see it, and going down there once it was nearing completion just to see it inside. I left the religion about the same time as the assemblies started there driver.

I think it really is lack of donations and another site close-by in the next county Palm Beach. I "bet" the WTS self-insures the building and property taxes are cheap due to it being a religious facility. If costs are not a problem, then it's revenues. And, that's a good thing!

The Watchtower can always go back to renting out the Gulfstream (Horse) Race Track in Hallendale Florida. I remember those assemblies. At least, we got to look out at the center of the track that was beautiful green grass with lots of plants, dream of the winner's circle, and walk around the beautiful gardens. You could also see the blue waters of the Atlantic and Intercoastal if you sat high enough in the grandstand. Made the ASSembly somewhat enjoyable.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

I guess they are hurting financially.

Bangalore

• Beware of false prophets
    Beware of false prophets

Consolidation seems to be the name of their game these days, that's for sure!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I remember that was the first assembly hall I had ever seen. There were none in the rural south area where I was at the time and I drove to the Ft. Lauderdale Assembly Hall to help out with Hurricane Andrew relief, so that musta been in 1991.

Hey, can you all imagine the religious revivals that could go on there if some holy-rollers buy the place?

I still say, if WTS were really concerned about "Christendom" taking over their buildings, they would tear them down and sell the land.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I remember helping in the building of it when I was about 10 yrs old.

Anyone recall the trompe l'oeil walls on the sides of the auditorium?

Memories.

BTS

• Hadit
    Hadit
    Do they expect the rank and file to believe that the decision to sell was because there was a temporary deficit?
    What a load of bunko.
    They want to sell, that is the deal. It is always cheaper for them to remodel if they want.
    That is shameless.
    They obviously had decided to sell before they even announced this.

I agree. This has nothing to do with a deficit, if in fact there is a deficit! How can anyone really know how much was donated? They can say whatever they want. Anyone ever verify the amounts? They want to sell. They make money on flipping properties all the time. They are in the bs, mind control and real estate business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit