Do you love or hate to cook?

by VampireDCLXV 36 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I can but prefer not to.

lisa

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I like to cook, not that I'm really good at it. But cooking for yourself gets old and boring. If I make lasagna, then I eat leftover lasagna all week...won't want to make lasagna again for quite a while!

• marriedtojw
    marriedtojw

If I make lasagna, then I eat leftover lasagna all week...won't want to make lasagna again for quite a while!

Agreed...thats one of my problems as well.. but that leftover lasagna was good and I didn't have to eat out at work all week.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

My sister is a very good cook and she lives alone. She uses her freezer a lot. She freezes her leftovers and pulls them out when she doesn't have the time or energy to cook. She rarely spends the money to go out to eat or get take out.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Sylvia and Outlaw. I might try sage or oregano. It is work to find the right combo when one uses zero salt. Then again, on some days I miss sodium badly, on others I just love the natural tastes. Outlaw are you really a chef? How kewl!

Jeff

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AK-Jeff..

Ya..I went to Culinary Arts School..

Thanks Mom!..LOL!!..(She helped me out)..

You could do a variation of Duck Ala Rouge..

http://restaurantimages.menuism.com/atfF_Kjber34KIaby-ddWs-peking-duck-ala-shanghai-chinese-430x273.jpg

Take the drippings from the chicken..Add orange juice..

Reduce the fluid by boiling..Add Sugar to taste..

When you get a nice sweet orange flavour to the sauce..Coat the chicken in it..

You won`t notice the lack of salt in the meal..

Yum!!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I love to cook when I have the time. I can make anything from a hard boiled egg to beef wellington. If you can read.......you can cook anything. That's how I learned and always recieve praise from those who share my gastronomical delights.

HappyDad

• crapola
    crapola

I love to cook and bake. I still have a hard time cooking small quantities of things though.

• clarity
    clarity

Love to cook especially when I have a GOOD oven, convection is best. When moving into a new place, the first thing I do after setting-up my kitchen is to make a batch of bread........having a large buttered bowl full of risen sweet smelling dough is heaven! The welcome of the warm glazed loaves, centers me. On the other hand, I am more inclined to cook a 'decent' meal if one of the kids or a friend is coming over. Cooking for 1 lost it's appeal long ago!

clarity

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

BUMP!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit