Do you love or hate to cook?

by VampireDCLXV 36 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I agree Mrs Jones ... When the kids come to visit I love to cook for them ,but with just the two of us home sometimes it just is a chore . I depends on my mood too. Now that we have had some cooler weather I am much more in the mood to cook .

This weekend one of the boys is here and I have cooked some delicious Banana bread and we made french toast out of it this morning . Right now I am making shepard pie and Beer Batter bread with cheese and Italian seasoning .

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Love/Hate relationship. I hit streaks where I cook like crazy. Other times I could not get motivated.

I am a good cook though - sometimes thinking I missed my calling and should have gone to cullinary school. I missed a lot of things..... well you know that story.

I have been perfecting a rather tasty chicken curry this past week. Lots of fresh onion, curry and fresh garlic with tomatoes. I am on salt restricted - hence I prefer lots of other spices and lots of onion. Something is missing in the chicken - don't know what spice to add. I'm in a cooking mood this week.

Jeff

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Something is missing in the chicken

Rosemary? Sage?

Syl

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

This past year I've done more cooking than I have in decades. I am enjoying it but a big part of keeping it enjoyable for me is that I do not *have* to do it. There is no set schedule. And if I don't want to, I don't have to.

I'm really liking fresh herbs, vegetables, lemons, limes, ginger. I did not grow up with this sort of freshness and sooo love it!

-Aude.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey V665:

Today, I made some collards with beef broth, garlic, and olive oil.

This recipe of Syl's is almost identical to mine, but I add a dash of garlic wine vinegar.

Since getting out of the JW-rush mode, I make myself cook for solo moi regardless.

But I do love to cook!

Thanks.

Bon appetit!

CoCo de la Cucina

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Love love love to cook. You have to like it to have a flair for it.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Love to cook, and bake... especially in the fall.

Coffee

• marriedtojw
    marriedtojw

Love to cook and bbq.... love it even more when the end result tastes like what its suppose to taste like.

Just recently I made lasagna, pizza and several other dishes from scratch....

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I like to eat. I like to try new foods. I like to cook. I'm a good enough cook that some of my dishes are better than what you get in some restaurants and a heckuva lot cheaper to cook at home. I hate going out to eat and feeling like I could have cooked it just as well at home.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AK-Jeff..

Something is missing in the chicken - don't know what spice to add. I'm in a cooking mood this week.

Black pepper/Thyme/sage/oregano/garlic/onion..

Those are the basics..

There can be others like Sylvia`s suggestion of rosemary..

But it depends on the dish..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit