6000 Years doctrine has a flaw... duh

by ex-witness 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wrong Way
  • OBVES
    OBVES

The best formulas that can be established from the Bible on age of the universe and the earth would be :

6 days of creation x 7000 years as God's time x 360 days in a prophetic year X 1000 years as man's time = some 15 billion years.

This would be for the universe.

1/6 for the earth = some 2.1 billion years.

I think science would agree with that.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I think science would agree with that.

I don't think science agrees with creative days.

• OBVES
    OBVES

The doctrine of 6000 years stil holds in the light of the latest discoveeries from the Bible.

If you know my posts on alt.religion.jehovahs-witn I am still holding to this idea .

I take one day as 1000 years and 10 years.

4027 BC is a starting date - Adam created and go 6 days to 2034 AD.

4027 BC to 2034 AD we have 6060 years and then a period of 1000 years and 10 years follows.

4027 BC ........ 2034 AD + 1000-year Sabbath Day and then a period of 10 years which is the period : 3034 AD - 3044 AD.

This short period could be the finalization of the Judgement Day .

The eternity will begin after 3044 AD.

4027 BC + 7 days as 7070 years ( each day 1010 years ) = 3044 AD.

The origin of one day should be counted as 1010 years can be traced to these dates the Watchtower put forth :

1037 BC - 1034 BC - 1027 BC - 607 BC - 1914 AD .. I add 1984 AD - 1991 AD - 1994 AD.

3 years + 7 years +7 times as 420 years + 7 times as 2520 years + 7 years + 3 years = 3030 years.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

COMRADE TITO

Officially comfirmed - the "7000 yrs long creative day" doctrine has been dropped in one publication this year!
    Read it carefully!

I have gone through everything I have and can't find this.

As far as I know, they have never worded anything in a way that doesn't let older JWs hang on to their 7000 year creative day belief.

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

I will PM you.

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

PMed you!

• debator
    debator

You are using estimates of timing like they are definates but they are only best guesses unless you can physically go back in time and see for yourself.

You have that much faith in science that it can perfectly estimate backwards through thousands of years?

Despite the fact timings vary an awful lot from scholar to scholar depending on their expert opinion at any given time.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I personally have a bit of a problem with trusting Carbon dating due to the huge amount of variables that can affect the dating. HOWEVER, Alice...did you just pull the number 1600 out of your butt? Seriously, where did you come up with that date? You just make this stuff up! It is true and demonstratable that carbon dating can be accurate up to 50,000 years.

Alice, you have confirmed that you don't really EVER know what you are talking about. It's sad, really...

• debator

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit