6000 Years doctrine has a flaw... duh

by ex-witness 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

OK ps since you want to play a numbers game what about the 'bible scholars' who say that the grand canyon is a testament to the flood of noah's day? They maintain that the flood waters are what pushed down the canyons and in other parts raised up mountains.

But to any one who actually studies geological formations they see the stryatons on the canyon walls as evidence of an erosion process. Such geologist say that each inch of stryation represents 1000 years of erosion from the river that flowed thru the canyon.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Darth frosty,

I think that "bibel scholars" that say soemthing that dumb should be shot and pissed on, and not necessarily in that order.

Maybe they all went to the same "Scholar school" that our resident JW Scholar did.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Hi darth. The earth is 4.6 billion years old. During that time, there have been many many cataclysms. The Grand Canyon may have been carved out over a period of many many thousands of years. The dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. Evolution is a LONG process. It's all part of the the procession of the equinox. One of those "days" is 25,000 years long. Half of it is night, spiritual darkness, and the other half is day, brilliant wisdom and spiritual vitality. 12,000 years ago the Egyptians practiced the true religion. They knew that God maintains this earth through the sun, so their God was Aten. They knew that the sun was a metaphysical transformer, converting higher dimension energy from its source, the star Sirius. They also had their Christ, a solar energy.

Each time we go through one of these "days", we progress a little farther, before we fall back again during the "night". The indicator says we are entering Aquarius, but that points towards the higher dimensions. The real indicator is the opposite side of the indicator, pointing towards the physical earth that Kabbalah calls "Malkuth", that shows we are really entering Leo, hence Jesus is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. It is the bottom, the nadir of the night. We now start the progression towards daylight.

~PS

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Edgar Cayce told us we were Atlanteans, but I don't think he saw all the way back.

LOL. Somehow, I don't think so either.

• read good books
    read good books

Unfortunately the OT doesn't give you any wiggle room if you take it literally you have to turn your back on modern science, unless you start to take it as parable.

And then why has religion through the ages always got it wrong, the earth is flat, it revolves around the sun, and those crazy medical beleifs. But science theories are always being proven wrong also.

So we live in world of uncertainty not really knowing nor will we ever know in this lifetime the absolute truth about eternity or the origins of humanity. This uncertainty can either bug the hell out of you or you can just accept it. Or you can put fanatical faith in a religion or science.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

According to historical records, everything started off fully developed about 2000-3000 B.C. The earliest astronomical records record a solar eclipse in the 3rd millenium B.C.E. Radiocarbon dates, carbon-14 dates are not accurate prior to 1600 B.C. The oldest written tablets were Sumerian, dating back to 3500 B.C. Where is it substantiated that records go back 10,000 years?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Hey Alice, the color of my text here is black.

Just checking to see if he/she/it will argue it's a different color.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Auzzie aboriginies arrived in Oz around 35,000 years ago. They have been drawing the Rainbow Serpent on rocks for a least 18,000 years. That makes their deity at least 12,000 years older than your Jebooboo, mAlice.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

alice, you are simply regurgitating Watchtower nonsense. Historical records? What historical records would we be talking about? The Bible? The Sumerian records you referred to were the source for much of the Bible, which was plagiarized from it, and then the Jewish priesthood attached themselves to it to make it look as if "Adam" was a Jew and thus Judaism was God's religion. The only problem with that is that the Jews were at first polytheistic, not monotheistic.... ("let US go down there and confuse their language...") Check your Hebrew. "Elohim" means PLURAL Gods, both MALE and FEMALE. So it's a lot closer to yin and yang than it is Jehovah and Jesus.

There are inscriptions and hieroglyphics in Egyptian caves that are more than 10,000 years old. Watch the history channel and they will show you all the evidence you need to see that human, reasoning people existed in functioning societies 75,000 years ago. The problem with the whole Christian theology is that if Adam isn't the first man, you have no basis for a blood sacrifice to atone for HIS sin. Ezra and his corrupt Levite scribes added in all the crap about animal sacrifices and blood atonement. That means that the world was never perfect and it wasn't man that ruined it. It means that a lesser God than the Absolute created an imperfect world and man was put here by the Divine to civilize it. Read Psalms 82:1 and you will see that the God of the Bible is NOT "the Divine One". So religions like yours are what keep the human race from doing what it was put here for.

I doubt very much that Jesus ever referred to Adam, the MAN. The Bible was written by MEN. If you want to know who (or WHAT) Adam really was, the Adam Kadmon of Kabbalah is where it was taken from. It means "Primal Man" or "Primordial Man".

~PS

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think it is mankind that is supposedly 6,000 years old. Each creative day is 7,000 years long, and we saw 6 of them. Man was created at the end of the 6th day, making the earth about 48,000 years old. At least that is what I got from the Creation book--all hogwash.

Even 48,000 years is still laughable. First, you have such a big mass that heat can be trapped for billions of years near the center, and 48,000 years would not be enough time to cool off enough for a reasonably stable crust to form. Not to mention, I think it takes more than 48,000 years for our orbit around the sun to stabilize to a degree that it has today. Also, I don't think there is any way we all came from Adam and his line--nor could the global flood have happened. Since water is lighter than rock, there is no way water can push down rocks to form ocean basins without the rocks pushing right back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit