6000 Years doctrine has a flaw... duh

by ex-witness 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

Thank you ProdigalSon. i've only been here a couple weeks and yet, i refuse to answer anything fallaciousindunderland posts. Concise and accurate post. Thanks.

Regarding the Watchtower regurgitators I only can say what Paul Newman said in Cool Hand Luke. "What we have here is a failure to communicate. Some men just can't be reached."

• Terry
    Terry

Strother Martin.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"According to historical records, everything started off fully developed about 2000-3000 B.C. ..."

That must be according to the "official" Watchtower "historical" records... The same source that gave us the year 607 B.C. for the destruction of Jerusalem...

"carbon-14 dates are not accurate prior to 1600 B.C. ..."

Oh, goody, Malice is making stuff up, again...

Malice, get a REAL education. Radio-carbon dating is accurate to a point nearly FIFTY THOUSAND YEARS ago...

And here's a website with more information, and VIDEOS!! I think they use small words, so you should be able to follow it...

http://archserve.id.ucsb.edu/courses/anth/fagan/anth3/Courseware/Chronology/08_Radiocarbon_Dating.html

Zid

• OBVES
    OBVES

One is as set forth by the Watchtower with improvements I presented on usent group alt.religion.jehovahs-witn and it begins with 4027 BC

and another one was set forth by Harold Camping of the Family Radio Stations who established the year 11013 BC .

It is very interesting both timelines lead to the same year 2011 AD as the year for the return of Jesus and the end of the world.

Call Harold Camping on his Open Forum program and tell him about the age of the world or mankind and listen carefully to his answer .

You can order the book " Adam when ? " for free.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Obves.

Haven't seen you for ages.

I hope you are stocking up on booze for the May 22nd partay at your place.

Cheers

Chris

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"According to historical records, everything started off fully developed about 2000-3000 B.C. ..."

That must be according to the "official" Watchtower "historical" records... The same source that gave us the year 607 B.C. for the destruction of Jerusalem...

"carbon-14 dates are not accurate prior to 1600 B.C. ..."

Oh, goody, Malice is making stuff up, again...

Malice, get a REAL education. Radio-carbon dating is accurate to a point nearly FIFTY THOUSAND YEARS ago...

And here's a website with more information, and VIDEOS!! I think they use small words, so you should be able to follow it...

http://archserve.id.ucsb.edu/courses/anth/fagan/anth3/Courseware/Chronology/08_Radiocarbon_Dating.html

Zid "

The material being analyzed by radiocarbon dating has something to with its reliability (defining attribute of a substance rich in carbon).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon-14

One of the most frequent uses of Carbon-14 dating is to estimate the age of organic remains from archaeological sites. Were the remains of Sumerian's material being analyzed organic? What are the Sumerian remains that are being analyzed?

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

Officially comfirmed - the "7000 yrs long creative day" doctrine has been dropped in one publication this year!

Read it carefully!

COMRADE TITO

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

I am not sure if it was intention of the GB, but one sentence in one publication CLEARLY says that the "7000 yrs long creative day" doctrine is really "old light".

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Doesn't that throw a really big monkey wrench into the 7,000 year long Sabbath Day of rest and the 1,000 year reign of Christ?

Maybe they can figure out a way to apply some "generation overlapping" here too....

~PS

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

Yes, that's the question - what is next? It means that Christ's reign is not litterally 1000 yrs long.

Check my first thread and post (Titus) on this forum, and you will see it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/185006/1/ADAM-GROWS-OLD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit