Awake Ignores Own Flood Date - Gets Caught

by Jackson 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Jackson
    Jackson

A recent Awake article was about the magnificence of Niagra Falls and how it straddles the Canadian and U.S. borders. In the February 22nd issue of the Awake in "From the Readers" at the back, one of the readers complained, "You (the Awake) said that the erosion of the river gorge has taken place over the past 12,000 years. This would not tie in with the Bible's account of a global deluge."

The response. "We (the Awake) simply presented the current estimates given by geologists, with no comment as to how accurate they might be. Such estimates obviously do not take into consideration the Bible's account of the Noachian Flood, which evidently took place less than 5,000 years ago."

Yeah, sure! The Awake knew exactly what it was was doing in leaving the 12,000 year figure out there without contesting it. Even the Brooklyn Bumblers aren't that stupid. My opinion is that the WTS knows the dates of events will have to modified; 607, the flood, etc. and in the future, after they start making massive date moves, they can always point back to these articles in support of those moves. Shifty bastards.

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

YOU ARE SO RIGHT, THE watchtower are shifty,crafty,and
    nasty LYING ASS BASTARDS

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Ahem. . .the mortal men in Brooklyn might have simply overlooked clarifying the 7,000 year discrepancy in the Awake article, but Jehovah, as the real brains behind the articles should have known better. I mean, he was there when Niagara Falls was a stream of goat piss on a rock.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

ha ha

• VM44
    VM44

Jackson,

Thanks for posting this. Was that the complete answer that the
    Awake gave? If not, could the complete response be posted?

Then we all give it the rebuttal it deserves!

--VM44

P.S.
    "Such estimates obviously do not take into consideration the Bible's account of the Noachian Flood, which evidently took place less than 5,000 years ago."

OK, Dear Awake, how can you use the word "evidently"? That implies
    there is some EVIDENCE! some FACTS! What evidence or facts do you provide for the 5000 year figure?

The Niagra Fall age estimate PROVIDES evidence that the flood
    would have to be more than 12,000 years ago!

The Awake writers do not have a clue as to what the word "evidence"
    means! They think "evidence" is something one makes up sitting at
    their typewriter in order to prove whatever propagandistic doctrine
    they are trying to put over at the moement!

They are VERY VERY DISHONEST!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

New light, that's it, new light!

Is this a light saber in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• aChristian
    aChristian

Actually, the Awake! was correct in saying what they did. For there is evidence that "the Noachian Flood" "took place less than 5,000 years ago." The problem is that this evidence points to Noah's flood being a large local flood, not a global one. So it would have had no effect on Niagra Falls, or anything else outside of southern Mesopotamia.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Didn't they(wtbts)say something similar waaay back
    when about the dino's ?
    Seems to me we use to believe (because of the WTs reasoning)
    that there could'nt have been dino's because the earth was
    only 6,000 years old.
    Then when it was impossible to deny it any longer, the fossels
    were only a few thousand years older then Adam and Eve.
    Anyone know?

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

plmkrzy:

Yes the dinosaurs did create a real problem for the WTS "scholars", and of course they've determined that carbon dating isn't a reliable indicator of the age of archealogical findings. Of course carbon dating isn't accurate in determining the ripeness of melons at the supermarket, but it's pretty well accepted in the scientific community for dating old stuff. But what the hell would those pinheads know?

• Satanus
    Satanus

The 12,000 yr estimate won't be making it into the cd. That's my prediction, unless they are getting ready to throw out their bs bible chronology.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit