Do you think your baptism is still valid?

by karter 32 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

I got baptised about 25 years ago and was told the new system would be here by now.

Along with a lot of other false promises.

So the answer for me would be NO!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nope, but I had an unbaptism. I denounced WTS and declared that they withheld information from me, so my baptism was no longer considered valid. I burned some WT literature. It was very cleansing.

Everyone should consider it.

• chickpea
    chickpea

not the one with the WTS
    or the one with the RCC
    when i was an infant

i suspect the only thing that grants
    validity to a baptism is belief in the
    affiliated institution

i renounce it all!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Most definetly NO

• truthlover
    truthlover

I really don't know -- now the new baptismal question ignores "baptized in the name of the Holy Spirit" so when I was baptized, it was included -- does'nt the holy spirit need to be in the questions asked now -- Matt 28:19.20 and as I am still in, do I just comply with this erroneous question to be answered with a "yes" ??

So maybe my baptism is not valid now....

• White Dove
    White Dove

Nope. I was 17 (under age) and it was a lifetime contract. Contracts should time out and I don't mean with your death or a punishment. There should be a dignified way to get out of it.

• Ri
    Ri

I don't think a JW baptism means anything to God

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

sometimes i wonder. but i will ask God and wait till he responds. maybe it is

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I don't feel like it ever was to begin with. I was 11, the elders coached me through the answers to the questions, and I only did it because my mother made me. I don't owe them anything.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

I was baptized when I was a baby.

When I was about 11 years old, I followed along with some T.V. preacher who said a prayer of salvation in the name of Jesus.

I was baptized 27 years ago as a Witness.

I think I covered with God.

2 baptism's and 1 prayer of salvation?

Oh yeah.

Judge Dread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit