Do you think your baptism is still valid?

by karter 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ambersun
    ambersun

I was baptised as at the age of 15 along with my parents and at the time I thought I was doing it for all the right reasons but a few years later when I was more mature I realised I just loved the wonderful feeling of approval by my parents and the love and acceptance of my congregation that had been 'love bombing' me and my family since we became involved with them. My parents were both adults when they were baptised but at 15 I was still an immature, dependent child. Feeling safe and secure is extremely important to a child, and how was I to distinguish between these feelings and a true devotion to the religion we had joined?

I think the WTBTS are fully aware of the way they trap children in this manner otherwise they wouldn't keep on telling them not to get married before they are mature enough to know exactly what they are doing!!

So the answer is no, I don't think my baptism is still valid because as a minor I should never have been baptised in the first place.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Luckily for me, my Mom believed in what the Bible presented which was that Jesus was an adult when he got baptised so she felt that this was the way to go and not anything the WTS said.

My decision was to never get baptised.

• finallysomepride

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit