How Did You Finally "Get Out Of Her" (JWs)??

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    One WT. or publication would state something but when you read the bound volume it was simply taken out as if the original was never said! In the late 70s, the WT. stated we would not see the end of this "century" which was a boneheaded statement. Later, that same year, it was changed and a different spin was put on.

The January 1, 1989, WT is a good example of this.

http://www.watchman.org/jw/watchtower2000.htm

I remember during a bookstudy, the publication which we were studying said entirely different things.

I wish I could remember which book it was.

Syl

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

AuntBee, yeah there were various forms of dishonesty that really affected me. First of all they are continually dishonest in the way that they use quotes from other writers to support their ideas. They pick one comment out of a large discussion and use this to prove their point. Many times the writer was trying to prove exactly the opposite.

They have also been dishonest about their history since the very beginning. Any on this board that have seen the new DVD know that it is a ridiculous covering over of the truth about their history.

They are also dishonest to the public and call this dishonest policy "theocratic warfare". One of the most striking examples (at least to me) of this is their statement before the European Human Rights Commission on 7/3/97. They said, ""As regards the alleged involvement of children, the [WatchTower Bible and tract Society] submits that children cannot become members of the association but only participate, together with their parents, in the religious activities of the community. In respect of the refusal of blood transfusion, the applicant association submits that there are no religious sanctions for a Jehovah's Witness who chooses to accept blood transfusion and that, therefore, the fact that the religious doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses is against blood transfusion cannot amount to a threat to public health."

These are pure lies. Finally the NGO situation was also lied about. They only removed themselves from being an NGO when they were exposed by the british newspaper "The Guardian". Then they issued the statement that they were members merely to use the UN's library for research, and that they were unaware of the duties of NGO's to support the UN's charter. At the same time they were calling them the disgusting wild beast of Revelation and condemning them.

Yes, the dishonesty is a major reason for me seeing the truth about this demonic organization.

• misocup
    misocup
    the WT at one time taught that Black people are an inferior race due to the curse Noah placed on Ham's grandson, Canaan.

It all makes sense now. I remember this being an issue when I was little (in the 60's). My Mom said it wasn't true, not only about the curse but that the WT taught it.

I wonder now if she knew about Jehovah being from the pleiades constellation. (ended in 1952 I think).

There were several things about the elders attitudes that did it for me. I remember one of our friends Charlie had a stroke at the age of 26 (in the 80's). He couldn't work and his family suffered financially. My husband and I would take them things sometimes but we didn't have much money. I told one of the elders that they needed help and he said that Charlie should have taken better care of his health. That same elder had an icy cold reaction when his stepson died in a car accident, I told him how sorry I was and he said "don't be, he was disfellowshipped". The elders in my hall were a bunch of bastards. One of them kept his house at 55 degrees to save money after quitting his job so they could pioneer. One was proud that he had taken his 6 week old son in the back and spanked him for crying. Weird, twisted, cruel, LUNATICS.

At my very first talk, the only comment I got was a criticism for having pronounced etcetera wrong. WHAT A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES!!! The holier than thou wives weren't any better. Always selling Shaklee or some other ridiculous miracle soap or vitamin.

Man I'm so glad I'm out I would NEVER go back, but I miss my Mom and my brothers!

My niece and sister in law died from fear of doctors and trying to treat diabetis with diet. My other sister in law called the chiropractor when my nephew had epiglotitis, nearly died and became confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Who calls the chiropractor when they have a fever of 106?? Only those with an irrational fear of doctors like the JW's. They believe that Satan uses the doctors to get at them.

OMG I could go on for hours!

The way they treat you when you hit a rough patch. Like when you get sick, or have financial problems. You might as well have leprosy! Try fading! You will quickly find out who your real friends are! My guess is none to zero.

People who have known you all your life will suddenly look at you like you are Satan himself!

I went to my nieces funeral and got a cruel reproval from the podium saying I would never see her again unless I came back. I would rather die and be forgotten that live that lunacy. Those fuckers, I nearly fainted leaving that day. Had it not been for my worldly evil husband grabbing me I would have fallen down the steps. He showed more kindness and love in that moment than all those people showed me in all those years growing up put together.

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Reading CoC and realizing the GB was not directed by Jehovah

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

misocup, that post breaks my heart. So sorry you had to experience that. I don't know what people are thinking sometimes when they are so completely unkind like that. And they say that they have the true religion because of the demonstration of their LOVE?!?!? WHAAAAA?

• misocup
    misocup
    One WT. or publication would state something but when you read the bound volume it was simply taken out as if the original was never said! In the late 70s, the WT. stated we would not see the end of this "century" which was a boneheaded statement. Later, that same year, it was changed and a different spin was put on.

This makes sense too. I remember wanting to hang on to bound volumes for years! I wanted them around because after all they are important right? well I was told that the WTS didn't like people keeping them that far back and never got an answer as to why but now I know!

• minimus
    minimus

Mis, thanks for those !!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My first real questioning came when they did the whole thing with blood fractions. I sat in the meeting in utter disbelief and sadness at those who were denied and lost their lives over this issue. I suppose I should have rejoiced at this new light but all I could think of was if they could change this...whats next? It was the only issue I ever brought up to other JW's and the arguement we had amongst us was horrible, and dividing.

The icing on the cake though was one day reading a thread here where the wording in the 1989 bound volume was changed from the original magazine with no note that it had been done.

There is one thing to be wrong about things, I could and did make concessions for that, but this was blatant deceit and a covering up. I lost faith that this was the Truth, that the organizations quest for the truth, fight for the truth, sacrifices for the truth was a lie.

• minimus
    minimus

I thought there was a similar comment earlier regarding the 20th century. I guess I'm mistaken.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

What did it for me?

I discovered over time that so-called "friends" inside the congo were never true friends at all. Most of these "friends" started pulling away and ignoring me. Some even looked at me with disgust and I'm not really sure why. I believe that people were talking behind my back instead of telling me to my face what was really wrong. Maybe it's just human nature but they're supposed to be better than that, aren't they? Whatever friends I had remaining would blindly defend the actions of the others.

I also couldn't give up certain "bad habits" and I never felt I could do good enough. I had a sneaking suspicion of the Elders, that they maybe weren't as kindly, fair-minded and trustworthy as the WTS was saying they were.

It all made me depressed and I started attending meetings less ansd less. I stopped the field circus altogther after an emotional crash. I couldn't bear to start again, preaching a message on behalf of people I no longer believed in. I eventually stopped going to the KH altogether as well.

Over a year later I started lurking here and began to see the breadth and depth of the WTS's corruption. How they really used DF to punish the innocent and protect the guilty to cover their own behinds instead of being forthcoming and doing the right thing. How Elders neglect, mistreat and abuse the flock. How cold and loveless the congregations really are. How the doctrines just don't add up.

I'm NEVER going back now.

V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit