How Did You Finally "Get Out Of Her" (JWs)??

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What situation(s) got you out of the Organization, either mentally or physically or both? What was your "last straw"?

• wobble
    wobble

I could not stick the worship of the Governing Body/ FDS.

I intended to do a slow fade, but one day I just walked out of the K.H and knew I would never go back. Been free ever since !

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Wobble - Yeah when we walked out the the kingdom hall for the last time, knowing we would never again have to put up with their behaviour, all I can say is it was bliss. The thought of going back in for whatever reason fills me with dread.

Basically it was the lack of love and the lies.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

1. Being at bethel and seeing that the image they project about themselves is a myth

2. Dishonesty in the publications

3. Child molestation and reacting to in a way that only covered their own accountability and not the childs saftey

4. The whole UN fiasco

5. Reading Crises of Conscience

6. Talking to everyone on JWN

• snowbird
    snowbird
    What was your "last straw"?

This was it:

I am a Black American, and I was a JW for 31 years before finding out that the WT at one time taught that Black people are an inferior race due to the curse Noah placed on Ham's grandson, Canaan.
    You can check it out for yourselves:
    Zion's WT 08-01-1898
    04-15-1900
    10-01-1900
    07-15-1902
    02-15-1904
    04-01-1914
    Golden Age (now Awake!) 11-30-1927
    07-24-1929 ---- Colored people are a race of servants.
    The Watchtower 02-01-1952 ---- Colored people are meek and teachable, most increase comes from their ranks.

I'd knocked myself out preaching the words of this organization, and then find out this was how we were once viewed by them.

Dirty, rotten, sneaking, deceitful, lying, backpedaling, myopic, scoundrels!

Syl

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

1. Too many men trying to tell me what to do other than my husband.

2. Having a sense of impending doom every time I went to the hall.

3. I didn't feel "no" love at the meetings.

4. Coming to JWD and finding out things about the "Tower" that I never knew.

5. What is "New Light"? I mean did God give you the wrong light or what?

6. Having to turn in "time slips" to show how much you were doing for the "Tower". (Really, that is crazy!)

• MsDucky
    MsDucky
    I am a Black American, and I was a JW for 31 years before finding out that the WT at one time taught that Black people are an inferior race due to the curse Noah placed on Ham's grandson, Canaan.

Sylvia, if they had told me that in the beginning, I would of shut the door in their face. If only....

• minimus
    minimus

If only the "Truth" was honest and above board. You are made to accept the rules of the religion and for many, it was only a 6 month or less "study", and then you get baptized and never really know what you've gotten yourself into.

In no time, you somehow screw up, get "disciplined' and eventually feel guilt for beginning to "doubt" things.

The entire religion is built on unreasonable manmade rules and regulations.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Brotherdan - Can you elaborate on number 2? Do you mean dishonesty about what had been previously taught/written? About their own history? Other things? Thanks.

• minimus
    minimus

One WT. or publication would state something but when you read the bound volume it was simply taken out as if the original was never said! In the late 70s, the WT. stated we would not see the end of this "century" which was a boneheaded statement. Later, that same year, it was changed and a different spin was put on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit