Branch offices in Europe are closing

by Samuel Thorsen 33 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

YEP the R&F will look at this as they are just streamlining getting ready for the end.

You got to love a cult that can have it both ways. Increase=jah's blessing! Decrease=love of the greater number cooling off proving we're right. Opening new braches in various land = proof of the work that needs to be done. Closing various branches=streamlining readying for the end.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I thought the Ireland branch admin was going to be taken over by the Britain branch. Austria / Switzerland will come under Selters. The Britain branch will continue to do a lot of oversight of Africa/Asia, but it wouldn't surprise me if Germany eventually has oversight over Europe and the East (Russia etc)

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

That's what makes it a cult. Total brainwashing. They've got their bases covered.

Interesting news. I guess the world economy and the increase in information through the internet is having a rapid negative effect on the WTBTS. I couldn't be happier to hear this news.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Two KH's in my area have disbanded and KH 's sold in the last two yrs . Those are just the ones I personally know about . Silvis ,IL and Princeton ,IL.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I know the KH closest to me closed about 3 or 4 years ago. I have no idea what the story is. I don't know any JWs here. Also, I rarely have JWs knocking on my door anymore and it used to be common.

I did see some in the neighborhood about a month ago but it had been about 3 years since I had seen any before that.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Yeah, they play both ends of any news as "Jehovah's blessing". It's all such complete and utter bullshit. It still makes me angry that they accept it all. They have totally shut their brains off. Sick.

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

Italy?

There is MAN printery. Where will they move it?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow I wonder how this will go down in Vienna. At one time they were responsible for much of Eastern Europe. They built capacity to print literature in the branch that was hardly used as Selters became the publishing centre in Europe. They had a unit for 'holocaust studies eduction' or something in the Vienna branch. I suppose that will be gone too, if it's still there.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

To the WTS it can be spun as needed.

If they are building/expanding/growing it is a blessing from on high. If they are in retraction mode, then it is preparation/simplification for the days of trouble ahead. They can spin better than most politicians.

But to me - it is a good sign. They are leaking.

Jeff

• agonus
    agonus

The German branch taking control eh? Ja wohl und sig heil, Wachtturm!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit