Do you smoke anything?

by asilentone 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Pipe tobacco can smell very nice. Almost like an incense.

BTS

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Never have and never will. As a very young child, I had a very strong aversion to anything smoking-related, and both my parents smoked, so it was very difficult. My parents would never understand why I disliked having candles on birthday cakes or why I would take my dinner plate and finish my dinner underneath the table. When I finally started to talk, they understood.

For some reason however, the odor of pipe tobacco is not so bad. I usually could cope with that.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I started smoking when I was about 44. So, I've been smoking for about six years. Such is life. I don't have any friends to piss off about my smoking, which is fine with me. My husband has smoked since the age of 18 or 19. He kills me when he says that I smoke too much! LOL!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Pipe smoke is great.

From about 1/2 block away.

Seriously. I agree with the earlier comment about it being like incense.

om

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

My grandpa (non-JW) used to smoke a pipe. It smells great. He got lung cancer and died when I was 10. I wished he had never smoked!!!

Around 19-20 after my father died and I was discovered the lies regarding this religion, I went through a phase of a good 2 years where I didn't give a shit what I did. Oh sure, I had a career and I went to college at night, but I started smoking Camel 100's once in a great while between classes outside with my friends. I also smoked cigars a few times, maybe 15 total, Punch was good. I tried smoking weed just once in a water bong, it was New Year's Eve going into 2000. I was already drunk, probably did some LSD, and so I didn't care. I was hung over for DAYS after that bender. What a mess!!!

Smoking just isn't for me. The little that I did do I don't miss at ALL. I have drank far more than smoke, and for 10 years. I have weaned that down considerably since having a family. I pretty much only drink wine every other day with supper now, which is good for you actually. At 19-20, I was going through a bottle of vodka, rum, and Southern Comfort per MONTH. Glad that shit is done with. I regret that I EVER smoked or that I used to party and drink hard. Wish I never did that shit, but I guess it was a learning experience. I hope that God can forgive me.

- Wing Commander

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I smoke weed on the weekends when it is around... Love a good joint. Told a relative if they let me smoke weed I'll come back.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

An occasional cigar with a great bourbon. Leaving the WT has had its perks.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Have never smoked a cigarette or weed. I do have an embarrassing confession from when I was like 13- my friends (JWs) and I were at my house and were curious about smoking, so we rolled up toilet paper, lit it and "smoked" it. Good thing we didn't burn the house down. And I had one friend who just had to push the envelope- she was like "I can get us a real cigarette" and we were like "no thanks." I don't know where we got such a dumb idea.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

Why are people so judgemental of smokers?? seriously if their doing it away from you and its their lungs mind your own business.polution fast food growth hormones etc all these things are effecting the public health at least as much if not more then smoking go burn your torches in front of a macdonalds.And yes I smoke weed and off and on cigarettes

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

freedom how about when you have to run through a group of smokers to get into a non-smoking building? It's hard to hold your breath that long. Also the smokers are constantly flicking their butts out the car windows- or even better dumping their ashtrays out on the ground. Oh and the children who don't get a choice about being pent-up in a house or car with smoke. Those children are more prone to develop asthma and bronchitis as a result. So please do not try to make it seem as if smoking is a victimless crime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit