Do you smoke anything?

by asilentone 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

No, I do not. I was very disappointed in one of my friends near here. He is df'd. He started smoking cigs. I hate it.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I hate it too, I also have a relative that started smoking when he left. I am disappointed in him.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Never have touched anything to smoke ever - before or after the witnesses. I think it is expensive, unhealthy, filthy, and pointless. Just as a minor personal issue - it has single handedly RUINED many fine vintage or collectable cars over the years.

However, this serves as a good a place as any to say that the JWs are judgemental NUTJOBS for calling this demonics and disfellowshipping people who choose to smoke, or even who might raise or sell tobacco.

It is not in the bible - they just dreamed it up one fine day, or perhaps copied it from the Mormons or another fundie religious group.

• gutted
    gutted

Nope, but I have had a few puffs, and a full cig or two when I was out drinking. I find the two go hand in hand. But one day when I had a craving I bought a pack, had a few drags and it tasted like crap and stung my lungs. No more! Going to live healthy regardless of being a JW or not.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

No. Never have. Never will.

• JWoods
    JWoods

It is probably a dying habit in the U.S., at least. I saw a poll statistic on the news that says 50% of U.S. men smoked in the 1950s, but only 25% smoke today.

It is increasingly difficult to be a smoker if you work in an indoor office environment, like I do. I have noticed a large number of our employees who quit just because it is so difficult to go down to the ground floor and outside the building to light up.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I smoke pipe tobacco. It is not addictive like cigarettes. I can live without it, but I do enjoy an occasional smoke.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I had a cigar this weekend. It wasn't very good. I like a pipe from time to time also, like PrimateDave.

BTS

• undercover
    undercover

I don't smoke... though I snuck a few cigs in high school and after becoming inactive I experimented with weed a little.

I find most cigarette smokers sad. They spend money on something that most likely is harming them. And with more and more states banning smoking indoors thses people will stand in the rain just to get that fix. I was at a bar a couple of weeks ago. It was pouring down rain. The bar has no patio or covered area...just a sidewalk. There were 20 to 30 people standing on the sidewalk in the rain trying to smoke. I say "trying" because it was raining so hard it was ruining their cigarettes.

At the same time though I don't have a problem with cigar or pipe smokers. They seem to enjoy their habit on less frequent intervals and with quality tobacco. It's almost like enjoying a fine brandy or scotch. It's a treat...not something to abuse or waste.

• JWoods
    JWoods

PrimateDave forgot to picture Hugh Hefner and Sherrif Andy Griffith's friend Howard (when Howard's mother moved out of town and he bacame a playboy for two weeks).

Actually, I agree that occasional pipe or cigar is not nearly so offensive as the constant cigarettes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit