trouble for my friend

by Mulan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have posted many times about my JW friend, who still talks to me. For years we have maintained our friendship, because I have never been df'd or da'd.

She called me this morning to tell me that her husband is being called in for a meeting, by the elders, to discuss her association with me. We are wondering, now, if a lurker on this board has turned her in. I have never mentioned her name, but I suppose if they wanted to, they could guess who it is. It makes me sick!

I'll keep you posted. It really is a SICK organization.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• flower
    flower

sorry to hear about that Marilyn. I guess in a way its best to stay incognito even if you are open about your beliefs and dont care what people think of you.

hope they leave your friend alone.

flower

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

What is this? The 6th grade?! Why don't the elders call her in if they have questions? What does her husband have to do with it?

I know you mentioned in another thread that you drove with her and her hubby to court? (Is this the same woman?) The lady that saw your car in their driveway could have turned you in. Is that a possibility? I don't doubt that a lurker here might have. I'm just thinking of other options I guess. It just blows me away that these people think they can control everyone's actions in the name of God. Ugh. Makes me so ill.

Marilyn, I hope your friend's situation turns out okay, but my instinct is that your friendship will be on the skids or that she'll soon be "counseled." Best wishes to both of you!

Andi

• hippikon
    hippikon

I think I missed something hear? They are calling in Person X's husband (We shall call him Y) because of her association with you (person Z). Person Z is inactive (Not Dfd or DA - not even marked).

What has Y got to do with Z? Is the JC realy targeting Z? Looking for eveidence as X has done nothing wrong?

My Conclusion

x-y=Z

• hippikon
    hippikon

PS. They have to nail Z before they can nail X

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Tell your friend to hang in there. What can they possably do to her? By what I can figure you are just simply bad association.

Is this a light saber in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

Hi mulan, they really are a sick a BORG and we
    know there still kids mentally and spiritually
    not knowing any better.All of us hope those inside
    the borg will grow up on there own and show unconditional
    love like a true christian should. You never know this
    may be a rude awakening for your friend
    to realize just how controling the watchtower
    can really be. My wife for instance still goes to
    the hall but is upset that her own mother do not
    speak to me "as if I cared" any way my wife is in
    total disagreement with the shuning issue. she even
    went so far as too write the borg about the family shuning.
    My wife did not tell me she wrote the society so, she is
    thinking. Hopefully by the elders action it will get your friend
    to see the wt as a wolf in sheep clothing.

• WindRider
    WindRider

As far as why the brothers are calling in her husband with regard to his wifes "activities" is because he is the head of the household and as such they are required to go through him. It has always been that way to my knowledge; at least in the Calif. and Washington congs. I have been in.

I know first hand because something similar happened with me. I asked them why they were first waiting until they could talk with my husband present and address their concerns to him; why did they not just come to me.....I would be more than willing to answer any questions they had about MY friendship, and that is the answer I was given. There is a scriptural order that must be followed: God is the head of Christ, Christ is the head of the cong., husband is the head of woman. They did however graciously allow me to be present while they discussed the matter with my husband. When they were finished with his counsel (as my head my "poor actions" reflected badly on him as my head)they gave me mine.

Sincerely, Windrider

• Mulan
    Mulan

Same friend, Billygoat. We thought of that too, that the person who saw my car in the driveway may have complained. Or it might be her son's former in-laws who were in court too, and shunned me. Lots of options. Also could have been my mother, who is extremely jealous of my friendship with her.

We both feel this might make them finally come after us. Her husband has no problem with her seeing me, and he is an elder. They feel that since we aren't df'd or da'd that we are like any other person, they know, like family. She told me this might make things difficult for us, but she said she won't ever shun me, no matter what.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

From the standpoint of your friend I don't see how they can possibly tell her to stop associating with you since you are only inactive. She can simply tell them to stop creating schisms and mind their own business. I suspect that they have other motives. Maybe they are looking for someone to finger you and act as a witness against you. She won't talk so it may come to nothing. Her husband can only supply hearsay evidence. Not that any of these "rules" of justice will make any difference. They will do whatever they want to do and if they think it's time to "protect the flock" they'll make a show of force with whomever makes the best target.

I hope it all just blows over. But I know it must be unsettling to think about the possibilities. I hope your friend can get past all the bull-shit and keep up her relationship with you in spite of the pathetic attempts to disrupt it by the fools her husband entertains as friends.

Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit