trouble for my friend

by Mulan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Marilyn,

I'm sorry to hear of this situation...the past year has been hard enough on you and your family! You certainly don't need this. But I was happy to read in your last post that your friend refuses to shun you. She sounds like a true friend and those are rare indeed.

I hope everything works out well for you and your buddy.

Dana

• out4good3
    out4good3

More politically motivated elder meddling......

They're most likely going to "counsel" him about your friend's association with you. Then if your friend doesn't fall in line and shun you to the satisfaction of those who feel they are being "stumbled" by your actions, they'll try to build a case to DF or give her husband a hard time accusing him of not keeping his house in order or some nonsense like that.

I don't understand how anyone would allow 150 people in a congregation, a self appointed elder class, and a bunch of old men in Brooklyn far removed from the real world and the real truth to rule their lives.

I do hope your friend is strong enough to not let "the old men" dominate every minutae of her life.

Some people should just mind their own business.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Good comments, everyone. I am just stressed over this because I don't want any trouble for her. She is a good person, and doesn't deserve this.

I wish they would come after us, sometimes. It might be fun.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Marilyn,

The other night my significant other and I were so bored that we watched the movie "Titanic".

When it came to the part where they were beginning to climb onto the lifeboats, I had a strikingly weird moment!!!

It was when Rose's mother (the upperclass, simpering void of a person who felt entitled to whatever) expressed concern over whether the lifeboats were going to be "seated according to class". She shuddered with repugnance and horror at the mere thought of having to endure proximity to a steerage passenger - before graciously planting her butt into the first boat.

What struck me was the similarity between her behavior and that of a typical jw (usually an appearance-obsessed wannabe, at least that is my experience) who has to "associate" with a "worldly person". They don't want their precious social standing to be besmirched. Hardline "shunners" who ostensibly wish to protect their "spirituality" have displayed demeanors identical to what I saw onscreen. I realized it was just another form of bigotry.

Hope things turn out somewhat comfortably for your friend, and for you as well.

I don't even want to start THINKING about the issue of their calling in her husband first..... arrrgghhhhrhg

lauralisa

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

SOP is for the Elders to threaten loss of "privileges" for those associating with "known apostates", whom the WTS has decided not to pursue for whatever reason(s).

Friend's husband will be threaten wth loss of "eldership" due to rebellious wife, and she will be threaten with loss of whatever-pioneership, etc.

Doubtful that this scenario would remotivate Elders to come after you and hubbie, unless threats turn your friend into a proactive "judas".

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>As far as why the brothers are calling in her husband with regard to his wifes "activities" is because he is the head of the household and as such they are required to go through him. It has always been that way to my knowledge; at least in the Calif. and Washington congs. I have been in.

That is the right answer here. You can also use this as a protection for your wife to keep 'inquiring minds' out of your family business. Local JWs don't mess with my wife because they would have to go through me and they don't want to deal with that. Neither of us have been df or da adn they have not called on us since we left (walked away) over two years ago. We are also very active in our church and have been able to warn others about the fraud perpetrated by the Watchtower Society. The term "fraud" doesn't really cover it, really.
    We had been a boost to our congo, as, we had just returned from a df that lasted more than ten years. It took about one year for us to realize that we had been entirely in the right all of those years. Thanks be to God that my sons had a normal upbringing while we were "in the world". Their poignant observations of the "cult" were a factor in our leaving again. That, much prayer for God to lead us and our discoveries on the internet.......
    I advise anyone reading this to consider the following verses: Rom. 3.23; 6.23; Jn. 3.16,17; Jn. 3.3; Eph. 2.8,9; Rom. 10. 9-11; Acts 4.11; Rev. 3.20. Feel free to e-mail me anytime.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit